This antipasto salad recipe is loaded up with delicious Italian meats, cheeses, and veggies. It's the perfect keto summer salad - or any time of year for that matter.
What is antipasto?
I love antipasto. Love it. But what is antipasto? The literal translation is "Before the meal". I used to work at a fine dining restaurant that brought out an antipasto tray to every table before the meal. It was full of fresh vegetables, pickled vegetables and salami. I ate countless amounts of these trays during the time that I worked there. While antipasto means "before the meal" I have definitely eaten my share of antipasto as the main star of the meal.
- mixed greens
- kalamata olives
- artichoke hearts
- pickled red onions
- roasted red peppers
- mozzarella cheese
- goat cheese
Substitutions and Swaps
- Mix and match the meats - salami, prosciutto, pepperoni, capicola, pancetta, soppresata etc.
- Mix and march the cheeses - goat, mozzarella, smoked gouda, feta, havarti, provolone, etc.
- Load it up with more veggies - Balsamic Marinate Tomatoes, capers, chick peas, cucumber, Pickled Jalapeños, giardiniera, sun-dried tomatoes, Quick Pickled Radishes
- Use all of the ingredients to make this into Antipasto Skewers
- Serve it on top of spinach, bibb lettuce, or any mix of greens you prefer
- Toss all of the ingredients with cucumber noodles instead of lettuce
- Skip the lettuce and turn it into an Epic Charcuterie Board
Looking for the perfect antipasto salad dressing recipe? Honestly, it is a matter of personal preference. I like to serve this with either my Balsamic Shallot Vinaigrette or a classic Italian Vinaigrette. Here are a couple more homemade salad dressing recipes you might enjoy - Avocado Ranch Dressing and Creamy Chive Blue Cheese Dressing.
Other salad recipes you might enjoy
- Blackened Steak Salad
- Pork Belly Wedge Salad
- Caesar Egg Salad
- Loaded Mock Potato Salad
- Cucumber Greek Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Wedge Salad
- New Orleans Style Olive Salad
- Reuben Salad with Russian Dressing
- BLTA Pesto Chicken Salad
- Mini Caprese Salad
Keto Cookbooks and Meal Plans
- Home for the Holidays – 25 Classic Holiday Recipes Made Low Carb
- Craveable Keto Cookbook
- Dairy Free Keto Cooking
- Keto Happy Hour
- 30 Minute Ketogenic Cooking
- Primal Low Carb Kitchen
- Keto Desserts
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Soups and Stews
- Keto Savory Side Dishes
- Keto Condiments Dressings and Sauces
- 14 Weeks of Low Carb and Gluten Free Meal Plans