This antipasto salad recipe is loaded up with delicious Italian meats, cheeses, and veggies. It's the perfect keto summer salad - or any time of year for that matter.
What is antipasto?
I love antipasto. Love it. But what is antipasto? The literal translation is "Before the meal". I used to work at a fine dining restaurant that brought out an antipasto tray to every table before the meal. It was full of fresh vegetables, pickled vegetables and salami. I ate countless amounts of these trays during the time that I worked there. While antipasto means "before the meal" I have definitely eaten my share of antipasto as the main star of the meal.
- mixed greens
- kalamata olives
- artichoke hearts
- pickled red onions
- roasted red peppers
- mozzarella cheese
- goat cheese
Substitutions and Swaps
- Mix and match the meats - salami, prosciutto, pepperoni, capicola, pancetta, soppresata etc.
- Mix and march the cheeses - goat, mozzarella, smoked gouda, feta, havarti, provolone, etc.
- Load it up with more veggies - Balsamic Marinate Tomatoes, capers, chick peas, cucumber, Pickled Jalapeños, giardiniera, sun-dried tomatoes, Quick Pickled Radishes
- Use all of the ingredients to make this into Antipasto Skewers
- Serve it on top of spinach, bibb lettuce, or any mix of greens you prefer
- Toss all of the ingredients with cucumber noodles instead of lettuce
- Skip the lettuce and turn it into an Epic Charcuterie Board
Looking for the perfect antipasto salad dressing recipe? Honestly, it is a matter of personal preference. I like to serve this with either my Balsamic Shallot Vinaigrette or a classic Italian Vinaigrette. Here are a couple more homemade salad dressing recipes you might enjoy - Avocado Ranch Dressing and Creamy Chive Blue Cheese Dressing.
Other salad recipes you might enjoy
- Blackened Steak Salad
- Pork Belly Wedge Salad
- Caesar Egg Salad
- Loaded Mock Potato Salad
- Cucumber Greek Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Wedge Salad
- New Orleans Style Olive Salad
- Reuben Salad with Russian Dressing
- BLTA Pesto Chicken Salad
- Mini Caprese Salad
Keto Cookbooks and Meal Plans
- Home for the Holidays – 25 Classic Holiday Recipes Made Low Carb
- Craveable Keto Cookbook
- Dairy Free Keto Cooking
- Keto Happy Hour
- 30 Minute Ketogenic Cooking
- Primal Low Carb Kitchen
- Keto Desserts
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Soups and Stews
- Keto Savory Side Dishes
- Keto Condiments Dressings and Sauces
- 14 Weeks of Low Carb and Gluten Free Meal Plans
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 tomato, diced
- 8 pepperoncinis, sliced
- ½ cup kalamata olives, halved
- ½ cup Marinated Artichoke Hearts (get the recipe here)
- ⅓ cup Pickled Red Onions (get the recipe here)
- ¼ cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 6 ounces salami, sliced and quartered
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Place the mixed greens in a large serving bowl and arrange the other ingredients over top.
- Serve with desired dressing.
net carbs per serving: 2.5g
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 168
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 4.1g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 8.9g
Keywords: antipasto salad recipe, low carb salad recipes, keto recipes, summer salads
Delicious! Will definitely make again. I made my Cilantro Lime dressing to go with it, and it was so good!
Looks amazing. I can't wait to make it.!
This is my childhood. I come from a large Italian-American family, so we had antipasto platters. But we kids didn't eat them. I don't think our parents even offered them to us. We got my grandmother's pizza, which was nothing like American pizza. And her amazing ravioli, which also were nothing like the ravioli you see in restaurants today. Now, I love antipasto. Thanks for the memories and the recipe.