Crunchy, chewy, perfectly salty! Pork belly may just be the perfect keto food. This Low Carb Pork Belly Wedge Salad is hearty enough to be a meal, and satisfying enough to make you crave it time and time again.
The best keto salad
This Pork Belly Wedge Salad just moved up the list to become my all-time favorite low carb salad recipe. It's right up there with my Dill Chicken Salad. The saltiness of the crunchy pork belly, mixed with the cool chive flavor of the blue cheese dressing is a match made in heaven. Add the Everything Bagel Seasoning to the mix and we have a real winner. Plus, I think we all know how I feel about all things dill related.
How to cook pork belly:
For the pork belly in this recipe, I use the Trader Joes pre-cooked pork belly. They season it and braise it for 12 hours before vacuum sealing it and putting it on the shelves. It is so much easier to buy it this way. That way, all I have to do is slice it and pan fry it until it is nice and crispy. Super easy, and SO DELICIOUS! If you can't find this pre-cooked pork belly, or don't want to take the time to make your own pork belly, you can always use crispy bacon, prosciutto, or pancetta.
The best keto salad dressing to pair with this pork belly wedge
For the dressing on this salad, I use my Creamy Chive Blue Cheese Dressing. If you are not a fan of blue cheese, this dressing is also fantastic with feta cheese. And if you want to switch up the dressing altogether, it is also fantastic with my Keto Avocado Ranch Dressing.
Other keto salad recipes you might enjoy:
- Dill Chicken Salad
- Loaded Mock Potato Salad
- Keto Cucumber Greek Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Wedge Salad
- Keto Blackened Steak Salad
- Low Carb Reuben Chopped Salad with Russian Dressing
- BLTA Pesto Chicken Salad
Pork Belly Wedge Salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, quartered
- 1 cup Creamy Chive Blue Cheese Dressing, optional (get the recipe here)
- 12 ounces pork belly, cooked crisp and chopped
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- a few sprigs fresh dill weed
- 2 tablespoons Everything Bagel Seasoning (get the recipe here)
- Place each iceberg wedge on a salad plate, top with blue cheese dressing, or desired dressing of choice, and then divide the rest of the toppings equally among all 4 wedges.
Net Carbs: 5.5g
- Serving Size: 1 wedge
- Calories: 152
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 8.5g