Quick and easy Dill Chicken Salad. Why get store-bought chicken salad when making your own healthy version is so easy and inexpensive.
This Low Carb Dill Chicken Salad has been a game changer for me! I have been eating on repeat at least 3 times a week. For the last couple of months I had been buying this delicious chicken salad from our local grocery store deli. It was out of pure ease. We recently moved and it was easier to just grab something that was ready to eat than it was to cook. Every time I bought it, I felt a little guilty because I knew that I could make a better tasting, cleaner ingredient version for way cheaper. Well, I finally did and this was the end result. I will never eat the store bought Dill Chicken Salad again. It is super easy to make and has minimal ingredients. It is really low in carbs, coming in at just over 1 net carb per serving. It doesn’t get much lower than that.
This recipe is a sneak peek into my new book – Craveable Keto – Grab a copy HERE
RECIPES, RECIPES, RECIPES…
Craveable Keto Cookbook has more than 145 recipes, each with a full color photo and nutritional analysis. It is packed with awesome resources to help make your low carb, keto lifestyle easier. Let’s look at some of the recipes shall we?
- Dill Pickle Brined Fish and Chips
- Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Reuben Biscuits Sandwiches
- Steak Fajita Bowls
- Chicken Cordon Blue Pizza
- Blueberry Mojito Popsicles
- Italian Parmesan Breadsticks
- Crispy Chicken Thigh and Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner
- Slow Cooker 5 Spiced Beef
- Asian Chicken Salad
- Bloody Mary Deviled Eggs.
- and so much more…
My favorite way to cook the chicken for this recipe is to pan-sear it in butter. It gives it excellent flavor and makes the chicken incredibly juicy.
- 1 pound chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 1/2 cup diced celery(one large rib)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill OR 3 teaspoons dried dill
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, celery, onion, mayonnaise, Dijon, dill, sea salt and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Serve on fresh lettuce leaves or just dig right in!
Per Serving – 1/2 Cup Calories: 236 | Fat: 16.5g | Protein: 12g | Total Carbs: 1.5g | Fiber: .25g | Net Carbs: 1.25g
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup