Quick and easy Dill Chicken Salad. Why get store-bought keto chicken salad when making your own healthy version is easy, inexpensive, and way more delicious!
The perfect quick keto lunch: Dill Chicken Salad
This Whole30 Chicken salad recipe has been a game changer for me! I have been eating on repeat at least 3 times a week. For the last couple of months I had been buying this delicious chicken salad from our local grocery store deli out of pure ease. We recently moved and it was easier to just grab something that was ready to eat than it was to cook. Every time I bought it, I felt a little guilty because I knew that I could make a better tasting, cleaner ingredient version for way cheaper.
Well, I finally did and this was the end result. I will never eat the store bought Dill Chicken Salad again. It is super easy to make and has minimal ingredients. It is really low in carbs, coming in at just over 1 net carb per serving. It doesn't get much lower than that.
In addition to this Dill Chicken Salad recipe, check out some of my other favorite keto salad recipes:
- Caesar Egg Salad
- BLTA Pesto Chicken Salad
- Avocado Tuna Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Wedge Salad
- Keto Cucumber Greek Salad
- Loaded Mock Keto Potato Salad
- Pork Belly Wedge Salad
Dill Chicken Salad - paleo, Whole30, Dairy Free
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
My favorite way to cook the chicken for this recipe is to pan-sear it in butter. It gives it excellent flavor and makes the chicken incredibly juicy.
- 1 pound chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- ½ cup diced celery (one large rib)
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onion
- ¾ cup mayonnaise, more to taste (get my Whole30 compliant Mayo recipe here)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill OR 3 teaspoons dried dill
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, celery, onion, mayonnaise, Dijon, dill, sea salt and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Serve on fresh lettuce leaves or just dig right in!
1.25g net carbs per serving
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 236
- Fat: 16.5g
- Carbohydrates: 1.5g
- Fiber: .25g
- Protein: 12g
I am excited to try your recipe but was curious about how you precook the chicken breast? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Kyndra Holley says
I usually pan-sear it in butter until it is golden brown and has a nice crust on the outside.
This is such an easy, simple recipe but so delicious. One of my favourites for sure.
I’ve had this bookmarked forever after my Sister told me how delicious it was. She was right! So easy and super tasty! We ate it on a bed of lettuce for supper and I can’t wait to try it tomorrow after it’s melded overnight. Thank you!
Do you use red or yellow onion?
Kyndra Holley says
I have made it with both. It is equally as delicious with either. When I don't have fresh onion, I used dried minced onion flakes