This Loaded Mock Keto Potato Salad is the perfect low carb substitution for traditional potato salad. Perfect to take to your next keto potluck or barbecue
Looking for Keto 4th of July Recipes? Try this Keto Potato Salad
When it comes to barbecue side dishes, finding something that works for keto can be tricky, especially if you grew up enjoying the traditional pasta and potato options like I did. One thing that I love about this mock potato salad recipe is that it doesn't feel like a compromise. Using roasted cauliflower really adds some depth beyond what a traditional potato salad is known for.
You can't go wrong with a mix of roasted cauliflower, generous helpings of crispy bacon, perfectly cooked hardboiled eggs, cheese, fresh chopped green onions, and pickles. Combine that mix with classic flavors from Dijon mustard, paprika, garlic powder, then add some sour cream and mayo to bind it all together and layer in some creaminess, and boom: you've got the perfect summer salad recipe.
How to roast cauliflower
What makes this recipe better than all the other cauliflower salad recipes is the crispy roasted cauliflower. To get the best flavor out of this keto potato salad, you'll want to roast your cauliflower until tender and golden brown, about 25 minutes at 400ºF. The secret is to spread your cauliflower evenly over your rimmed baking sheet -- any crowding will keep it from getting nice and roasty. Just a drizzle of olive oil works best, too much will make the cauliflower mushy. I like to generously season with salt and pepper so that I'm starting with a nicely seasoned base to compliment all the other ingredients.
This is one of my favorite quick and easy keto meals because I can prep all the other ingredients while the cauliflower is roasting. You can serve this mock potato salad year round, but my favorite time to enjoy it is at a keto barbecue.
Fun ways to mix up this low carb potato salad
- Sub capers in place of the dill pickles. Better yet, use both!
- Use Keto Ranch Dressing in place of sour cream
- Mix in some Keto Barbecue Sauce for a sweet and tangy version
- Add cream cheese and jalapeños for jalapeño popper keto potato salad
- Add Cajun Seasoning for a little kick
- Use roasted radishes or daikon radish in place of the cauliflower
- Add feta cheese, salami, kalamata olives, red onions, and cucumber in place of the bacon, cheddar and green onions for a Greek mock potato salad variation
Other recipes you might enjoy
- Keto Dry Rub Barbecue Ribs
- Keto Avocado Hummus
- Loaded Baked Cauliflower Casserole
- Everything Bagel Dogs
- Pork Belly Wedge Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers