This Loaded Mock Keto Potato Salad is the perfect low carb substitution for traditional potato salad. Perfect to take to your next keto potluck or barbecue
Fun ways to mix up this keto potato salad:
- Sub capers in place of the dill pickles. Better yet, use both!
- Use Keto Ranch Dressing in place of sour cream
- Mix in some Keto Barbecue Sauce for a sweet and tangy version
- Add cream cheese and jalapeños for a jalapeño popper version
- Add Cajun Seasoning for a little kick
- Use roasted radishes or daikon radish in place of the cauliflower
- Add feta cheese, salami, kalamata olives, red onions, and cucumber in place of the bacon, cheddar and green onions for a Greek mock potato salad variation
In addition to this loaded mock potato salad, check out some of my other favorite keto cookout and barbecue recipes:
- Keto Dry Rub Barbecue Ribs
- Keto Avocado Hummus
- Loaded Baked Cauliflower Casserole
- Everything Bagel Dogs
- Pork Belly Wedge Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, butter or ghee
- Sea salt and ground black pepper ( I use this brand)
- 5 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 large hardboiled eggs, rough chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise, more for a creamier salad (get my recipe here)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon paprika (I use this brand of spices)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Spread the cauliflower florets in a single layer across a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over top and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until tender and golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large mixing bowl. To the bowl add the bacon, green onions, eggs, cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, pickles, Dijon mustard, garlic powder and paprika. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Refrigerate for one hour, up to overnight before serving.
Net carbs per serving: 5.5g
- Calories: 297
- Fat: 23.4g
- Carbohydrates: 8.6g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 14.5g
Keywords: keto potato salad, keto macaroni salad, keto barbecue recipes, mock potato salad, cauliflower recipes, keto recipes
Click HERE to Pin
Jo is the food photographer and stylist behind healthy eating blog, Modern Food Stories. Jo’s a testament that once you find the right approach for you, you can overcome chronic illness through the healing power of food. She believes the secret to radiant health starts and ends with a healthy gut so all her recipes are grain, gluten and refined sugar free. Many are also sweetener and dairy-free.