Two traditional bar appetizers just got a major makeover with this recipe. How about instead of choosing between jalapeno poppers or buffalo chicken wings, you just get both in one dish with the Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers?
A delicious low carb spin on two classic appetizers. These buffalo chicken jalapeño poppers have all the amazing flavors of traditional jalapeño poppers and buffalo chicken wings combined. I like to serve them with a big side of my Keto Avocado Ranch Dressing. They are the perfect appetizer for a low carb potluck, Super Bowl Sunday or even just your average idle Tuesday. These buffalo chicken jalapeño poppers are quick and easy to make and are always a crowd pleaser.
Two of the most common questions I get asked are about low carb appetizer recipes to take to parties and whether or not you can have alcohol on a low carb diet. I got asked this question so much in fact, that I decided to write a book about it. Yep, that’s right! I wrote an entire book full of low carb cocktail and appetizer recipes. Keto Happy hour has something for every season. These buffalo chicken jalapeno poppers are a sneak peek inside the book!
KETO HAPPY HOUR: 50 Low Carb Craft Cocktails to Quench Your Thirst.
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY HERE
WITH RECIPES LIKE:
AND EVEN SOME FOOD RECIPES LIKE:
- Halloumi Bruschetta
- Cheesy Nachos
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Bloody Mary Roasted Nuts
- Red Wine Fudgesicles
- and more…
IT Releases on February 20th. YOU CAN GRAB A COPY HERE
Two traditional bar appetizers just got a major makeover with this recipe. How about instead of choosing between jalapeno poppers or buffalo chicken wings, you just get both in one dish? Talk about a match made in heaven. Add some creamy ranch or blue cheese dressing on the side, and you are good to go!
- 10 large jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 8 ounces ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese (½ cup), softened
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup buffalo wing sauce
- 4 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced, for garnish
- Ranch dressing, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Spread the jalapeño halves across the baking sheet.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. To the skillet, add the chicken, garlic, onion powder, and sea salt. Sauté until the chicken is no longer pink and is cooked all the way through.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a large mixing bowl and add the cream cheese, ¼ cup of the blue cheese crumbles, mozzarella cheese, and Buffalo wing sauce. Mix until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Fill each jalapeno with a mound of the chicken mixture. Top with the remaining ¼ cup of blue cheese crumbles and bacon.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Top with green onions before serving.
TIP: If you cannot find ground chicken at your local grocery store, feel free to substitute ground turkey.
- Serving Size: 4 poppers
- Calories: 252
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 4.6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 16g