Two traditional bar appetizers just got a major makeover with this recipe. How about instead of choosing between jalapeno poppers or buffalo chicken wings, you just get both in one dish? Talk about a match made in heaven. Add some creamy ranch or blue cheese dressing on the side, and you are good to go!
- 10 large jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 8 ounces ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 cup), softened
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 4 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced, for garnish
- Ranch dressing, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Spread the jalapeño halves across the baking sheet.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. To the skillet, add the chicken, garlic, onion powder, and sea salt. Sauté until the chicken is no longer pink and is cooked all the way through.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a large mixing bowl and add the cream cheese, ¼ cup of the blue cheese crumbles, mozzarella cheese, and Buffalo wing sauce. Mix until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Fill each jalapeno with a mound of the chicken mixture. Top with the remaining ¼ cup of blue cheese crumbles and bacon.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Top with green onions before serving.
TIP: If you cannot find ground chicken at your local grocery store, feel free to substitute ground turkey.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Cuisine: Keto, Appetizer, Low Carb, Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 4 poppers
- Calories: 252
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 4.6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 16g