These savory, keto friendly Ham and Gruyere Cauliflower Waffles are perfect for any meal of the day. But my favorite way to enjoy them is with a yolky poached egg.
You may have had keto waffles, but have you had cauliflower waffles?
Yep, that’s right: cauliflower can officially do anything. These gluten free waffles are completely flourless. If you’ve never ventured into the world of savory waffle recipes, let me tell you what you’re getting into: riced cauliflower, shredded gruyere cheese, ham, fresh chives, eggs, plus salt and pepper … blend it all up in a food processor and then grill on the waffle iron. The result is a savory waffle that’s fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Stack them up and top them with an egg, cooked however you prefer, and you’ve got the perfect keto breakfast.
Looking for easy breakfast recipes? Looking for budget friendly recipes? This recipe is both!
You can make a bunch of these nut free keto waffles at once, store them in the fridge, and reheat them throughout the week — I recommend using a toaster oven or a regular toaster. If you’re looking for more 30 minute meals to add to your meal plans, you can make a whole batch of these in 20 minutes, the longest part is just waiting for them to cook on the waffle iron. All of the ingredients can be purchased at your local grocer. If they don’t have riced cauliflower, you can easily make your own.
How to make cauliflower rice:
- Place cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until they resemble the size and shape of rice
- Grate a head of cauliflower on a box grater
- Finely chop with a knife
- Check your local grocery store. Products like this are becoming more and more common and it is likely that you can find pre-packaged cauliflower rice in the fresh and frozen sections of your local grocery store.
In addition to these Keto Ham and Gruyere Cauliflower Waffles, check out some of my other favorite keto breakfast recipes:
- Nutty Chocolate Keto Granola
- French Toast Egg Puffs
- Keto Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- Pizza Eggs
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Keto Smoothie
- Keto Hollandaise
- Keto Bagel Breakfast Sandwich
- 1/2 medium head cauliflower, riced
- 1/2 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped ham
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, extra for garnish
- 2 large eggs
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (this is the only salt I use)
- 4 eggs, cooked to your liking (optional)
- Preheat the waffle iron and lightly grease.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture, in batches, into the waffle maker and cook for 5 t0 7 minutes or until cooked through, browned and crispy.
- Top with eggs and chives before serving, if desired.
Net Carbs Per Waffle: 2.8g
- Serving Size: 1 waffle
- Calories: 133
- Fat: 8.2g
- Carbohydrates: 4.5g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: keto waffles, keto cauliflower recipes, low carb breakfast, savory waffles, ham and cheese waffles
Click HERE to pin
30 MINUTE KETOGENIC COOKING 50+ Mouthwatering Low-Carb Recipes to Save You Time and Money
Check out my other books – HERE
I am so excited to help with a problem that so many people struggle with – Not having enough time! I can’t even count how many times I have heard people say that they just don’t have enough time to prepare healthy meals. Well, what if I told you that I wrote an entire book of recipes that only require 30 minutes of hands-on time or less?
That’s right, every recipe inside can be completed in 30 minutes or less and only contains ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store. No funny specialty ingredients here! Only real, whole foods!
50+ Mouthwatering recipes, ready in 30 minutes or less
STARTERS AND SNACKS
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Mediterranean Flat Bread
- Dill Pickle Deviled Eggs
- Buttery Garlic Crescent Rolls
- Tahini Ranch Dip
- Pico De Gallo
- Cheddar Jalapeno Bacon Biscuits
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad
- Greek Salad
- Taco Wedge Salad
- Cucumber Dill Tuna Salad
- Barbecue Chicken Mockaroni Salad
- Fortune Cookie Waffles
- Ham and Spinach Eggs Benedict
- Cheesy Pico Eggs
- Sausage Balls
- Sour Cream and Chive Egg Clouds
- Ham and Cheese Waffles
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Frittata
LUNCH AND DINNER
- Pork Chops with Herbed Goat Cheese Butter
- Spicy Sausage and Cabbage Stir-Fry
- Zucchini Noodles with Hamburger Gravy
- Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
- Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers
- Cheesy Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole
- Greek Meatballs
- Grilled New York Steak with Blue Cheese Dijon Cream Sauce
- Fish Taco Bowls
- Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms
- Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- Shrimp Piccata
- Salisbury Steak
- Buffalo Chicken Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- Zucchini Noodles with Pesto Cream Sauce
- Pan-Fried Brussels Sprouts with Creamy Dijon Cider Dressing
- Green Onion and Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Cheesy Zucchini Gratin
- Sauteed Asparagus with Mushrooms and Bacon
- Cauliflower Steaks with Cheesy Bacon Sauce
- Sauteed Green Beans with Ham
- Herbed Goat Cheese Cauliflower Mash
- Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two
- Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes
- Double Chocolate Flourless Brownies
- Lemon Mousse
- Sesame Shortbread Sugar Cookies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- Avocado Chocolate Pudding
Hungry? YOU CAN GRAB A COPY – HERE
Naomi is the force behind Naomi Sherman | Food Creative. She is passionate about recipe development, food photography and styling. An accomplished home cook who was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease eight years ago, Naomi started to explore the connection between healthy, whole food and her symptoms, and a new love was born. Naomi loves nothing more than to take old-school favourites and give them a healthy twist. “There is nothing more fun than creating an amazing dish and then being able to style and photograph it to share with the world.” She fiercely believes that what you put in your body is one of the most important factors for your physical, and mental, wellbeing.