It's fall, y'all and this Caramel Pumpkin Spice Granola is loaded up with all the fall flavors. Best of all it is keto, gluten free, and dairy free.
How to make low carb granola
The key to making a low carb granola is incorporating a lot of nuts and seeds for CRUNCH. With a combination of almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds, pepitas, flax, chia, and hemp hearts, this Pumpkin Spice Granola recipe definitely meets the crunch requirement while keeping the carb count low. The caramel pumpkin spice flavoring is made with golden monkfruit, pumpkin pie spice, sugar free maple syrup, caramel extract, and butter, creating a flavor profile of your pumpkin spice dreams.
How to keep granola crunchy
I've found a few keys to help keep this pumpkin spice granola at its peak crunchiness. First, I add some butter flavored coconut oil to the mix, which gives it a good bit of fat to get the caramelization going. The frothy egg whites get the outside of the nuts and seeds nice and crispy as the oven bakes low and slow.
The next key comes after the baking: turn off the oven and leave the tray sit overnight until it's completely cool. This really locks in the crunch. Break up your granola into your desired size, or you can do a mix of granola clusters and really fine pieces.
The last thing I do to make sure that this Pumpkin Spice Granola stays perfectly crispy and crunchy is to place an oxygen absorber in the jar with the granola. It's also important to make sure that you are using an air tight container. I use these large mason jars, with airtight white lids. If you follow the steps above, you'll have perfect granola for up to six months, if you can make it last that long without eating it all!
- Serve this Pumpkin Spice Granola on top of your favorite low carb yogurt, or make a low carb yogurt parfait with a couple of pieces of diced apple or pear
- Eat it as a cereal with your favorite low carb milk option
- Add a few Sugar Free Low Carb Dried Cranberries, some stevia-sweetened chocolate chips, and Pumpkin Spice Roasted Pecans for a pumpkin spice trail mix
- Add a bit to the top of a Pumpkin Spice Creme Brûlée or Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- Stir some into these Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Marshmallow Creme Frosting
- Top these Keto Cinnamon Rolls with granola, or add some as a garnish for this Keto Pumpkin Pie
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Pumpkin Spice Creme Brûlée
- Vanilla Maple Keto Granola
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
- Keto Pecan Pie
- Nutty Chocolate Keto Granola
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Sausage Soup
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Marshmallow Creme Frosting
- Pumpkin Spice Roasted Pecans
- Keto Yogurt Granola Parfait Bowl
- Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte