All the delicious flavors of fall, in a crunchy gluten free pumpkin spice granola.
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 1/2 cup hulled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup hulled pepitas
- 1/2 cup golden flaxseed meal (get it here)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (I use this brand)
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts (I use this brand)
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice (get the recipe here)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (I use this brand) (code PEACE for 15% off)
- 2 egg whites, whisked until frothy, with soft peaks
- 1/3 cup butter flavored coconut oil, melted (get it here)
- 1/2 cup golden monkfruit (I use this brand)
- 1/2 cup sugar free maple syrup ( I use this brand)
- 1 tablespoon caramel extract (I use this brand)
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Add the pecans and almonds to a high-powered blender or food processor and pulse until broken up. You can also rough chop them with a knife. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in sunflower seeds, pepitas, flaxseed, chia, hemp, pumpkin pie spice and sea salt and give a few quick pulses to chop and combine.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the eggs until they are frothy, with soft peaks, and set aside.
- In a third bowl, combine the butter flavored coconut oil, monkfruit, maple syrup and caramel extract. Mix until well combined.
- Add the egg whites to the nut mixture and mix to evenly distribute the eggs through the mixture.
- Pour the syrup mixture in a little at a time, mixing as you go.
- Once the nut mixture is evenly coated in the egg whites and the syrup mixture, spread it evenly across a large rimmed baking sheet. You want it to be as thin of a layer as possible to ensure that the granola will get crunchy.
- Bake it for 1 hour, mixing halfway through. If it still feels like it needs more time, add an additional 30 minutes on to the cook time.
- Leave the tray in the oven, but turn the oven off. Let the granola sit in the oven until the oven is completely cold. This will help it get extra crunchy. If you have the time, leave it in the oven (with the oven off) overnight (or for 8 to 10 hours). Don’t open the oven door – just let it do its thing.
- Remove from the oven and break up into chunks. Store in an airtight container.
net carbs per serving: 1.5g
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Category: snacks
- Method: baking
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 161
- Fat: 14.9g
- Carbohydrates: 4.3g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 4.6g
Keywords: pumpkin spice granola, dairy free keto recipes, vegetarian recipes, keto pumpkin recipes, crunchy granola, gluten free granola, how to make homemade granola