This Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup is rich and creamy with all the delicious flavors of a classic keto jalapeño popper. the best of both worlds - soup and appetizer.
Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
Typically, when I think of keto jalapeno poppers, I think of the perfect low carb party appetizer. This recipe takes all of the flavors of a jalapeno popper recipe and remixes them into a truly comforting, indulgently creamy low carb chicken soup recipe, with just the right amount of kick.
Substitutions and Swaps for this jalapeño popper soup:
This jalapeño popper chicken soup recipe is delicious as is, but if you want to switch up the flavors a little, I’ve got a few ideas.
- Try using pickled jalapeños instead of fresh
- Add crumbled goat cheese on top
- Mix and match all your favorite cheeses in the soup (pepperjack, Mexican blend, etc.)
- Swap jalapenos for sun-dried tomatoes, use shredded mozzarella instead of white cheddar, and swap smoked paprika for oregano (like a Keto Chicken Parmesan Soup!)
- Add full cloves of roasted garlic
- Use shrimp in place of chicken. I get all of my grass-fed, grass finished beef, heritage pork, organic chicken and sustainable seafood here
- Add some small cauliflower florets to mimic a creamy potato soup -- you could use an immersion blender to blend some of the cauliflower into the soup (do this before you add the chicken). Leave some of the florets whole to add more texture to the soup.
- Serve it with Parmesan Chive and Garlic Keto Crackers , Rosemary and Thyme Keto Crackers, or Cheddar Bacon Jalapeno Biscuits
More keto soup recipes:
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Sausage Soup
- Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Keto Beef Stroganoff Soup
- Slow Cooker Kickin' Chili
- Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Italian Meatball and Noodle Soup
- Creamy Reuben Soup
- Slow Cooker Low Carb Clam Chowder with Bacon
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Chowder
- Keto Wonton-less Soup
Want more low carb soup and stew recipes?
Is there anything more comforting on a cold day than a hot bowl of soup? In this ebook, there are 30 creative and delicious soup recipes. They utilize common every day ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store -no weird specialty ingredients here. So break out your Dutch oven, stock pot, and slow cooker, because it is soup season! These recipes are hearty enough to make a full meal, and perfect for meal prep. I like to make each one in a double batch and freeze half for later - cook once, eat twice. CHECK IT OUT HERE!