This Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup is rich and creamy with all the delicious flavors of a classic keto jalapeño popper. the best of both worlds – soup and appetizer.
Keto Jalapeno Poppers in a warm, comforting low carb chicken soup
Typically, when I think of keto jalapeno poppers, I think of the perfect low carb party appetizer. This recipe takes all of the flavors of a jalapeno popper recipe and remixes them into a truly comforting, indulgently creamy low carb chicken soup recipe, with just the right amount of kick.
Fun ways to mix up this keto jalapeno popper soup:
This recipe is delicious as is, but if you want to switch up the flavors a little, I’ve got a few ideas.
- Try using pickled jalapeños instead of fresh
- Add crumbled goat cheese on top
- Mix and match all your favorite cheeses in the soup (pepperjack, Mexican blend, etc.)
- Swap jalapenos for sun-dried tomatoes, use shredded mozzarella instead of white cheddar, and swap smoked paprika for oregano (like a Keto Chicken Parmesan Soup!)
- Add full cloves of roasted garlic
- Use shrimp in place of chicken
- Add some small cauliflower florets to mimic a creamy potato soup — you could use an immersion blender to blend some of the cauliflower into the soup (do this before you add the chicken). Leave some of the florets whole to add more texture to the soup.
- Serve it with Parmesan Chive and Garlic Keto Crackers , Rosemary and Thyme Keto Crackers, or Cheddar Bacon Jalapeno Biscuits
In addition to this jalapeno popper chicken soup, check out some of my other favorite keto soup recipes:
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Sausage Soup
- Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Keto Beef Stroganoff Soup
- Slow Cooker Kickin’ Chili
- Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Italian Meatball and Noodle Soup
- Creamy Reuben Soup
- Slow Cooker Low Carb Clam Chowder with Bacon
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Chowder
- Keto Wonton-less Soup
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
NOTE: This recipe calls for cooked chicken prior to starting the recipe. I like to use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken. If you are cooking the chicken to order, please make note of the additional time required for that step.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- Category: soups and stews
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 medium jalapeños, seeded and chopped, extra for garnish
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste (this is the only salt I use)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese, extra for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- Cook the chopped bacon in a dutch oven over medium-high heat until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove the cooked bacon from the pan, retaining the drippings.
- Reduce the heat to medium and to the same pan, add the butter, onion, garlic, and jalapeños. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until soft and slightly caramelized.
- Add the cream cheese, heavy cream, chicken stock, paprika, salt, and pepper to the pan, stirring to mix. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer.
- Add the cheese and chicken to the pot and stir to mix in, melting the cheese into the sauce.
- Continue to simmer for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to come together, stirring occasionally. Taste, and add additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Top with crispy bacon before serving.
net carbs per serving: 4g
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 486
- Fat: 39.2g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 30.6g
Keywords: jalapeno popper soup, creamy chicken soup recipes, Keto Chicken soup, keto soup recipes, low carb soup recipe