This Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup is rich and creamy with all the delicious flavors of a classic keto jalapeño popper. the best of both worlds - soup and appetizer.
Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
Typically, when I think of keto jalapeno poppers, I think of the perfect low carb party appetizer. This recipe takes all of the flavors of a jalapeno popper recipe and remixes them into a truly comforting, indulgently creamy low carb chicken soup recipe, with just the right amount of kick.
Substitutions and Swaps for this jalapeño popper soup:
This jalapeño popper chicken soup recipe is delicious as is, but if you want to switch up the flavors a little, I’ve got a few ideas.
- Try using pickled jalapeños instead of fresh
- Add crumbled goat cheese on top
- Mix and match all your favorite cheeses in the soup (pepperjack, Mexican blend, etc.)
- Swap jalapenos for sun-dried tomatoes, use shredded mozzarella instead of white cheddar, and swap smoked paprika for oregano (like a Keto Chicken Parmesan Soup!)
- Add full cloves of roasted garlic
- Use shrimp in place of chicken. I get all of my grass-fed, grass finished beef, heritage pork, organic chicken and sustainable seafood here
- Add some small cauliflower florets to mimic a creamy potato soup -- you could use an immersion blender to blend some of the cauliflower into the soup (do this before you add the chicken). Leave some of the florets whole to add more texture to the soup.
- Serve it with Parmesan Chive and Garlic Keto Crackers , Rosemary and Thyme Keto Crackers, or Cheddar Bacon Jalapeno Biscuits
More keto soup recipes:
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Sausage Soup
- Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Keto Beef Stroganoff Soup
- Slow Cooker Kickin' Chili
- Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Italian Meatball and Noodle Soup
- Creamy Reuben Soup
- Slow Cooker Low Carb Clam Chowder with Bacon
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Chowder
- Keto Wonton-less Soup
Keto Cookbooks and Meal Plans
- Home for the Holidays - 25 Classic Holiday Recipes Made Low Carb
- Craveable Keto Cookbook
- Dairy Free Keto Cooking
- Keto Happy Hour
- 30 Minute Ketogenic Cooking
- Primal Low Carb Kitchen
- Keto Desserts
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Soups and Stews
- Keto Condiments Dressings and Sauces
- 14 Weeks of Low Carb and Gluten Free Meal Plans
Want more low carb soup and stew recipes?
Is there anything more comforting on a cold day than a hot bowl of soup? In this ebook, there are 30 creative and delicious soup recipes. They utilize common every day ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store -no weird specialty ingredients here. So break out your Dutch oven, stock pot, and slow cooker, because it is soup season! These recipes are hearty enough to make a full meal, and perfect for meal prep. I like to make each one in a double batch and freeze half for later - cook once, eat twice. CHECK IT OUT HERE!
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
NOTE: This recipe calls for cooked chicken prior to starting the recipe. I like to use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken. If you are cooking the chicken to order, please make note of the additional time required for that step.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- Category: soups and stews
- 6 slices bacon, chopped (get keto, whole30 bacon here)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ⅓ small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 medium jalapeños, seeded and chopped, extra for garnish
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, more to taste (this is the only salt I use)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese, extra for garnish
- 1 ½ cups cooked and shredded chicken (get organic, free-range chicken here)
- Cook the chopped bacon in a dutch oven over medium-high heat until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove the cooked bacon from the pan, retaining the drippings.
- Reduce the heat to medium and to the same pan, add the butter, onion, garlic, and jalapeños. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until soft and slightly caramelized.
- Add the cream cheese, heavy cream, chicken stock, paprika, salt, and pepper to the pan, stirring to mix. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer.
- Add the cheese and chicken to the pot and stir to mix in, melting the cheese into the sauce.
- Continue to simmer for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to come together, stirring occasionally. Taste, and add additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Top with crispy bacon before serving.
net carbs per serving: 4g
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 486
- Fat: 39.2g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 30.6g
Keywords: jalapeno popper soup, creamy chicken soup recipes, Keto Chicken soup, keto soup recipes, low carb soup recipe