NOTE: This recipe calls for cooked chicken prior to starting the recipe. I like to use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken. If you are cooking the chicken to order, please make note of the additional time required for that step.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped (get keto, whole30 bacon here)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 medium jalapeños, seeded and chopped, extra for garnish
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste (this is the only salt I use)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese, extra for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (get organic, free-range chicken here)
- Cook the chopped bacon in a dutch oven over medium-high heat until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove the cooked bacon from the pan, retaining the drippings.
- Reduce the heat to medium and to the same pan, add the butter, onion, garlic, and jalapeños. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until soft and slightly caramelized.
- Add the cream cheese, heavy cream, chicken stock, paprika, salt, and pepper to the pan, stirring to mix. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer.
- Add the cheese and chicken to the pot and stir to mix in, melting the cheese into the sauce.
- Continue to simmer for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to come together, stirring occasionally. Taste, and add additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Top with crispy bacon before serving.
net carbs per serving: 4g
- Category: soups and stews
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 486
- Fat: 39.2g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 30.6g
Keywords: jalapeno popper soup, creamy chicken soup recipes, Keto Chicken soup, keto soup recipes, low carb soup recipe