This rich and creamy Keto Lasagna Soup from my cookbook Craveable Keto is the ultimate in comfort food. It has all the delicious flavors of a classic lasagna, but in soup form - ground beef and Italian sausage cooked with onions and garlic, mixed with an herb infused marinara sauce, savory beef stock, silky cream and ricotta and parmesan cheeses. Who needs the pasta anyway?Best of all, it only dirties one pot.
Ingredients in Keto Lasagna Soup
Step by Step Instructions
How to make Keto Lasagna Soup
STEP 1: Heat the butter in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-low heat. Add the onion, garlic, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
STEP 2: Increase the heat to medium, add the ground beef to the pot, and cook until browned, breaking up the meat with a spatula as it cooks. Drain the excess grease.
STEP 3: Add the beef stock and marinara sauce to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low to maintain a gentle simmer.
STEP 4: Mix in the cream and ricotta cheese. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 45 minutes. This is when the flavors really come together. Taste and add additional salt and pepper, if needed.
STEP 5: Before serving, top each bowl of soup with a spoonful of ricotta cheese, a couple teaspoons of Parmesan cheese, and some fresh basil.
Recipe Tips and Variations
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, absolutely. Simply sauté the onion, garlic, and ground beef and then add it to the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low for 6 hours.
Yes. You can make this dairy free by swapping out the heavy cream for full fat coconut milk, the butter for olive oil, and replacing the Parmesan cheese and ricotta cheese with a plant based or nut based alternative.
More low carb lasagna recipes
More low carb soup recipes
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released.
Keto Lasagna Soup
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
I've always loved the flavors of a rich and hearty lasagna, but I've never been too keen on the thick, gummy lasagna noodles. I typically ate the insides, and what was left on my plate was a pile of limp noodles. This soup has all those same amazing flavors of a traditional lasagna, without the heaviness of the noodles. However, if you want to add something to simulate lasagna noodles, try making the noodles from my “Just Like the Real Thing” Lasagna recipe.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground beef or 8 ounces ground beef and 8 ounces ground Italian sausage
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 ½ cups marinara sauce
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup full-fat ricotta cheese, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil, for garnish
- Heat the butter in a large Dutch oven or stockpot over medium-low heat. Add the onion, garlic, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Increase the heat to medium, add the ground beef to the pot, and cook until browned, breaking up the meat with a spatula as it cooks. Drain the excess grease.
- Add the beef stock and marinara sauce to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low to maintain a gentle simmer. Mix in the cream and ricotta cheese.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 45 minutes. This is when the flavors really come together. Taste and add additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Before serving, top each bowl of soup with a spoonful of ricotta cheese, a couple teaspoons of Parmesan cheese, and some fresh basil.
- Net carbs per serving: 5.4g
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Reheating: I like to reheat this on the stovetop. If it gets too thick in the refrigerator, you can add a little extra beef stock to thin it out.
- Draining the excess grease: Be sure to drain the excess grease after cooking the ground beef. If you don't, you will end up with an oily soup.
- Add more vegetables: Amp up the nutrition with some extra vegetables. This is delicious with some fresh spinach and mushrooms added.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Soup Recipes
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 210
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 6.8g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: lasagna soup, keto soup recipes, low carb soup recipes, keto lasagna soup, low carb lasagna soup, gluten free soup recipes, easy soup recipes, ground beef recipes, ground beef soup recipes
Denise L Stratton says
Delicious and filling soup very easy recipe. I WILL DEFINITELY MAKE THIS AGAIN.
Laurie Hale says
I made this the night before, put it in the refrigerator and rewarmed it in my slow cooker because we would be at a track meet. The whole family loved it and it was so nice to come home to something warm and comforting with all the flavors of lasagna! I made it exactly per recipe and will definitely be making it again.
This soup was perfect for a chilly spring day. I used hot Italian sausage, and I loved the spicy it added. Full of flavor! Will definitely make this again.