This keto wonton soup is so good that you won’t even miss the wontons. Before you know it, you will only be craving this easy peasy wonton-less soup.
Keto Wonton Soup: so good, you won’t even miss the wonton wrappers
This keto wonton soup will leaving you wondering why you ever needed the wonton wrappers in the first place! Making low carb Chinese food recipes can be a little tricky. Many traditional asian inspired dishes contain sugar, soy, gluten, as well as other things I typically try to avoid.
But all it takes is a bit of creativity and a willingness to cook your own food and you can have a deliciously remarkable low carb wonton soup. I am a huge fan of wonton soup, especially keto wonton soup. It is so comforting. While I still miss the flavor and texture of those delicious dumplings, this soup is a great substitution. The meatballs are plump, juicy and incredibly flavorful.
In addition to this Paleo Wonton Soup, check out some of my other favorite low carb asian inspired recipes:
- Pork Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Paleo Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Chinese Sausage Fried “Rice”
- Low Carb Teriyaki Beef Tips
- Asian Tuna Cakes
- Keto Asian Chicken Meatballs
- Keto Chicken Pad Thai
For the meatballs
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon gluten free oyster sauce (get it here)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (get it here)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 large pastured egg
For the broth
- 8 cups chicken stock (get it here)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 large cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced on a bias
- 14 ounce bag of coleslaw mix
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground pork, coconut aminos, 1 tsp sesame oil, oyster sauce, fish sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes, garlic, green onions, and egg. Mix until well incorporated. Form the mixture into bite sized meatballs. It should yield about 40 meatballs.
- In a stock pot or dutch oven, heat the remaining 2 tbsp of sesame oil over medium high heat. Add the meatballs to the pot. Cook the meatballs until they are browned all over and cooked through. If they start to stick, splash a little chicken stock in the pot. Remove the meatballs from the pot and set aside.
- To the pot add chicken stock, water, oyster sauce, coconut aminos, fish sauce, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low to simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the meatballs, mushrooms and cabbage to the broth. Let simmer for an additional 5 minutes before serving.
5.3g net carbs per serving
- Serving Size: 2 Cups
- Calories: 260
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 6.4g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 21g
Keywords: keto soup recipes, low carb soup, keto asian recipes, low carb meatballs, gluten free wonton soup, low carb wonton soup, keto chinese food
DAIRY-FREE KETO COOKING: A Nutritional Approach to Health and Wellness. With 150 Squeaky Clean Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes
Check out my other books – HERE
Using only approachable and accessible, nutrient dense, real food ingredients, I put together a dairy-free keto roadmap that does not require a search for unfamiliar specialty ingredients or that you have a gourmet kitchen. Each one of these delectable recipes is rooted in simplicity and calls for ingredients that can be found at your local grocery store. I’m showing you how to incorporate dairy-free substitutions that go far beyond the coconut.
In addition to tantalizing your palate with tasty recipes, Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will teach you how to restore your health and wellness, while living a lifestyle that nourishes you in mind, body, and spirit. Whether your goal is to lose weight, heal your body from the inside out, or simply find your own personal version of food freedom, I’m here to help you along in your journey to finding your personal path to wellness.
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY – HERE
Dairy-Free Keto Cooking features something for everyone. If you suffer from dairy intolerances or food allergies, this is the book for you. If you are someone who just loves easy to make, delicious food, then this book is for you. I added a bit of everything, including suggestions for adding or reintroducing dairy for all the cheese loving, quesophiles.
With recipes like this, how could anyone possibly feel deprived?
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Cowboy Style Beef Ragout
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Ribs
- Loco Moco
- Pork Tenderloin with Dill Sauce
- Flourless Chocolate Lava Cake
- Easy Peasy Cuban Picadillo
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Maple Breakfast Sausage
- Crab Salad Stuffed Avocado
- Scotch Eggs
- Supreme Pizza Soup
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Blackened Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- and much, much more!
I wrote this book with everyone in mind and it is complete with several different meal plans (paleo, AIP, egg free, nut free, 30 minute meals) as well as tons of valuable resources. Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will quickly become your go-to cookbook!