In addition to this low carb teriyaki beef, check out some of my other favorite low carb asian inspired recipes:
Did you know that I have three new keto cookbooks out? Check them out below.
Low Carb Teriyaki Beef Bites
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Keto Appetizers
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 pound steak of choice, cut into large chunks
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup water, divided
- ¼ cup gluten free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons confectioners erythritol (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar erythritol, optional (I use this brand)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (I use this brand)
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- 1 green onion, sliced on a bias, for garnish (optional)
- Season the beef chunks generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the beef to the pan and sear on all sides. Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, over medium-high heat, mix together ¼ cup of the water, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, erythritol, garlic, and the ginger. Whisk to combine.
- In a pint glass, mix the remaining ¼ cup of water, ½ teaspoon of olive oil, and the xanthan gum. Whisk vigorously to combine.
- Pour the Xanthan gum slurry into the sauce. Whisk constantly until you can no longer see any of the xanthan gum and the sauce starts to thicken. Reduce heat to low and stirring occasionally, let simmer for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet with the beef chunks and toss to coat. If you prefer your meat cooked beyond medium-rare, cook on medium-low until the meat has reached desired level of doneness.
- Calories: 174
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 3.2 net g
- Protein: 26g
Keywords: low carb teriyaki, low carb appetizers, keto recipes, one pot meals, gluten free, ketogenic, teriyaki beef recipe