Skip the Chinese take-out and opt for this healthier, low carb version of an Asian inspired classic. Keto Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry.
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry is a favorite of many but is not typically a low carb dish as it would normally be served. Well, this recipes changes all of that. Now you can have your low carb and Keto Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry and eat it too!
I served this on top of my Buttery Cauliflower Rice Pilaf Recipe but it is also delicious with this Fried "Rice" recipe. Just leave out the chinese sausage on the rice and you are good to go. Contrary to how they sound, the oyster sauce does not taste like oysters and the fish sauce does not taste fishy. They are both amazing sauces that add a ton of flavor. You should have no problem finding them in your local grocer. Just check the asian foods or ethnic aisle.
Other low carb recipes you might enjoy
Keto Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 1 ½ pounds thin cut beef round steak, sliced into thin strips
- ¼ cup oyster sauce (I use this brand)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (I use this brand)
- ¼ cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 pound fresh broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Slice the steak into thin strips, about ¼ inch thick.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oyster sauce, fish sauce, beef stock, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes, and garlic.
- Add the steak to the bowl and mix until all pieces are coated. Set aside. Let the steak marinate for an hour, up to 24 hours.
- While the meat is marinating, clean and trim the broccoli and slice the mushrooms.
- Heat a wok or a large high-sided skillet over high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan.
- Once the pan is very hot, add the broccoli, coating it in the oil and stir frying for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the marinade and add to the hot pan. Stir fry 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce in the pan and add the mushrooms.
- Continue stir frying over high heat until the meat is cooked through and the sauce has reduced and thickened. This will happen naturally with high heat and continuous stirring.
- If you lose too much of your sauce in the process, add a little extra beef stock to the pan.
Per Serving - Calories - 456 Fat - 27g Protein - 44g Total Carbs - 11 g Fiber - 4.25g Net Carbs - 6.75g
- Calories: 456
- Fat: 27g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 4.25g
- Protein: 44g
Tami B says
YUMMMMMY! I made this recipe exactly as described, including the cauliflower pilaf (although i made actual rice for my husband). We both loved it. I will definitely be making this again. It was a delicious way to prepare round steak.
Will make again. Whole family enjoyed!!
I enjoyed this one very much. We prepped everything the night before so my hubby could throw it together for dinner before I got home. I forgot to tell him to add a tad more beef broth If there is not quite enough sauce, so it was a tad dry, but still very flavorful!
Jan loman says
Made tonite. Very good. I did cut down on the fish sauce and used lower sodium beef broth . Made mine with flank steak as that’s what I had in freezer. Also I sliced a carrot very thin with onions. Thanks for a great recipe
Chiming in to say I loved this recipe.
I had some venison, so I used that in place of the beef. I browned the marinated meat in two batches, to make sure all of it cooked through, but that was probably because the size of my skillet was smaller than suggested.
I also used a bag of broccoli coleslaw mix instead of broccoli---just because I had a bag in my fridge to use up. Also worked great. The sauce thickened up nicely, and ended up being the perfect amount to coat everything.
Great recipe, Kyndra, thank you!
Karen Bumgarner says
This delicious meal was a huge hit tonight! Even my two year old twins couldn't get enough. Sadly, there were NO leftovers. I'll just have to make it again, and soon. 🙂 Thanks for yet another scrumptious, and easy, recipe!!
A huge hit in our house, definitely making it again!