I recently took a poll in the Peace Love and Low Carb Friends Group. I asked people what types of recipes they would like to see more of. One of the most common responses was Chinese recipes or asian inspired dishes. I aim to please. Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry is a favorite of many but is not typically a low carb dish as it would normally be served. Well, this recipes changes all of that. Now you can have your low carb and gluten free Beef and Broccoli and eat it too! I served this on top of my Buttery Cauliflower Rice Pilaf Recipe but it is also delicious with this Fried “Rice” recipe. Just leave out the chinese sausage on the rice and you are good to go. Contrary to how they sound, the oyster sauce does not taste like oysters and the fish sauce does not taste fishy. They are both amazing sauces that add a ton of flavor. You should have no problem finding them in your local grocer. Just check the asian foods or ethnic aisle.
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry - Low Carb, Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 lbs thin cut beef round steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp fish sauce (get it here)
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (get it here)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 oz mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 lb broccoli florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Slice the steak into thin strips - about 1/4 inch thick
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oyster sauce, fish sauce, beef stock, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes, and garlic.
- Add the steak to the bowl and mix until all pieces are coated. Set aside. Let marinate for an hour. Longer if time allows.
- While the meat is marinating, clean and trim the broccoli and slice the mushrooms.
- Heat a wok or a large skillet over high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan.
- Once the pan is very hot, add the broccoli, coating it in the oil and stir frying for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the marinade and add to the hot pan. Stir fry 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce in the pan and add the mushrooms.
- Continue stir frying over high heat until the meat is cooked through and the sauce has reduced and thickened. This will happen naturally with high heat and continuous stirring.
- If you lose too much of your sauce in the process, add a little extra beef stock to the pan.
Per Serving - Calories - 456 Fat - 27g Protein - 44g Total Carbs - 11 g Fiber - 4.25g Net Carbs - 6.75g