This Buttery Cauliflower Rice Pilaf is the perfect keto side dish. Cauliflower rice, sautéed with butter, garlic, onions, chicken stock until perfectly tender, and topped with green onions. It can be ready in less than 20 minutes and pairs perfectly with just about any main dish.
Ingredients in Keto Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
- Cauliflower rice: Most stores carry both fresh and frozen cauliflower rice. You can use either in this recipe. If you cannot find riced cauliflower in your local grocery story, you can make your own by shredding a head of cauliflower on a box greater or by pulsing it in a food processor.
- Butter: For this cauliflower rice pilaf recipe I used salted butter. You can also use unsalted butter, but you may need to increase the salt in the recipe just a bit. For a dairy free version, try using this butter flavored coconut oil.
- Onion: I used a sweet onion. You can also use white onion, red onion, or even shallots.
- Chicken bouillon: I use powdered chicken bouillon granules, but you can also crush up 2 to 3 chicken bouillon cubes.
How to Cook Cauliflower Rice
I have learned over time, and through many cauliflower recipes, that the longer you saute cauliflower rice, the more it takes on the flavor and texture of other foods like rice or potatoes. This recipe also make a great base for my Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe.
More Keto Recipes
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.Print
Buttery Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 cups 1x
- Diet: Diabetic
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups diced onion
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 cups riced cauliflower
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules, more to taste
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add the onion and garlic to the pan. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and black pepper.
- Sauté until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the riced cauliflower, chicken stock and powdered chicken granules to the pan. Mix to combine all ingredients.
- Continue sautéing until all the liquid has evaporated and the cauliflower is completely cooked.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape any caramelized bits from the bottom of the pan and mix in. Add additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Mix in green onions before serving.
- 6.3g net carbs per serving
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dish Recipes
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 158
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 7.8g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 1.7g
Keywords: keto side dish, keto cauliflower recipe, cauliflower recipe, cauliflower rice, gluten free side dish, keto rice pilaf, low carb rice pilaf, keto side dishes, paleo cauliflower recipes, whole30 cauliflower recipes
I have never had rice cauliflower. I am now a fan! there were way too many onions in this for me. I might leave them out all together next time and just use a little onion powder for flavor. The flavor and consistency of the "rice" was way better than expected. Thank you!
Very easy and tasty. Even my kids like it!
Is the riced cauliflower you are using frozen?
Kyndra Holley says
I've made it with both fresh and frozen
I made this using aldis frozen riced fCauliflower I measured 6 cups out plus the chicken broth but it was not enough broth I added more broth and it came out amazing tastes just like regular rice pilaf without the carbs