Once I had my first salad with fruit incorporated into it, I was instantly hooked. Strawberries are my favorite fruit to mix into salads. The bacon in this recipe gives this salad the perfect blend of sweet and salty. I serve this with the Balsamic Shallot Vinaigrette
Check out some of my other favorite low carb salad recipes:
- Caesar Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Dill Chicken Salad
- Mini Caprese Salad
- Cucumber Greek Salad
- Balsamic Flat Iron Steak Salad
Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Yield: Makes 4 Servings 1x
- 10 oz fresh spinach leaves
- 6 slices thick cut bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 oz almonds, crushed
- 2 oz red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 strawberries, sliced
- In a large mixing bowl, combine spinach, bacon, tomatoes, feta cheese, almonds, red onions, and strawberries. Toss until all ingredients are well mixed.
Per Serving - Calories: 255 | Fat: 16g | Protein: 14g | Net Carbs: 8g
Joan McCallum says
thank you...had the Strawberry spinach salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette for lunch today and it was delicious..
I replaced the almonds with pine nuts and it was just right.
In the balsamic recipe assume the 2 tbs of peace and love is not actually an ingredient.
It's what's for dinner tomorrow night