Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl is a quick and easy one pot meal, that can be ready in less than 30 minutes. It's also amazing for meal prep because it just tastes better and better as the days go on.
The best egg roll in a bowl recipe
Keto Egg roll in a bowl is a staple in many low carb, keto and paleo diets. Quick and easy to prepare and packed with flavor. On the table in under 30 minutes, and it only dirties on pan. You can't beat that.
- Ground pork - This keto egg roll in a bowl recipe is made with ground pork, but it is also excellent with ground beef, ground sausage, ground turkey, or a combination of any of ground meats.
- Soy sauce - If you don't eat soy, coconut aminos is a great substitute
- Sriracha - While sriracha really adds something special to this dish, it is still fantastic without it.
- Rice vinegar - make sure to use unseasoned rice vinegar to keep this low carb and sugar free. Seasoned rice vinegar has sugar added.
- Toasted sesame oil - this imparts a slight nuttiness to the flavor of the dish.
Frequently Asked Questions
You wouldn't believe how often I get this question. This recipe is meant to be like a deconstructed egg roll. Egg rolls do not typically have eggs in them. However, this recipe is awesome with a yolky fried egg on top, or scrambled eggs mixed in.
With one simple swap, this recipe can be made whole30 compliant. Simply use coconut aminos in place of the soy sauce.
This recipe is also delicious with broccoli slaw, Shirataki noodles, a mix of coleslaw and broccoli slaw, chopped broccoli, cauliflower rice, or even a medley of your favorite vegetables.
You can use any ground meat you prefer - ground sausage, ground beef, ground chicken, and ground turkey are all excellent choices.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Keto Taco Slaw
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Shrimp Cakes with Remoulade
- Sesame Chicken Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Easy Peasy Wonton-less Soup with Pork Meatballs
- Chinese Sausage Fried "Rice
- Asian Tuna Cakes
- Pickled Red Onions
- One Pot Keto Sesame Chicken and Broccoli
- Paleo Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Keto Cookbooks and Meal Plans
- Craveable Keto Cookbook
- Dairy Free Keto Cooking
- Keto Happy Hour
- 30 Minute Ketogenic Cooking
- Keto Desserts
- Low Carb Soups and Stews
- 14 Weeks of Low Carb and Gluten Free Meal Plans
Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
A quick an easy one pot meal that is crazy flavorful and can be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
- Category: One Pot Meals
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Asian
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil (get it here)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 5 green onions, sliced on a bias (white and green parts)
- 1 pound ground pork (I get my pastured, organic, and grass-fed meat here)
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha or garlic chili sauce, more to taste
- 14 ounce bag coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Aminos or gluten free soy sauce (get it here)
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar (get it here)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic, onion, and white portion of the green onions. Sauté until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the ground pork, ginger, salt, pepper and Sriracha. Sauté until the pork is cooked through.
- Add the coleslaw mix, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. Sauté until the coleslaw is tender.
- Top with green onions and sesame seeds before serving.
If you aren't concerned with keeping the carbs low on this dish, it is excellent served on top of steamed white rice, or even rice noodles.
net carbs per serving: 5.5g
- Calories: 297
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 20g
Keywords: keto egg roll in a bowl, crack slaw recipes, whole30 compliant egg roll in a bowl, pork egg roll in a bowl, keto recipes, whole30 recipes