This Keto Yum Yum sauce is sweet, tangy, and perfectly spiced. It's a low carb version of a classic Japanese steakhouse sauce. Best of all, it can be whipped up in 5 minutes. It's delicious on just about everything - egg roll in a bowl, cauliflower fried rice, shrimp cakes, crab cakes, grilled meats, as a fry sauce, and even as a salad dressing. It literally goes with just about everything.
- Mayonnaise - This is the base for this low carb yum yum sauce and makes it rich and creamy. I like to start with a homemade mayo. Check out my Easy Peasy 2 Minute Mayo Recipe
- Ketchup - For this recipe I used Primal Kitchen ketchup (code PEACE for 10% off). It is only 2 grams of carbs per serving. You can also substitute tomato paste.
- Paprika - I recommend using a sweet paprika. Using a smoked paprika will completely change the flavor profile.
- Sriracha - This just adds a hint of spiciness. If you are not a fan of spice, feel free to omit it. Alternatively, you can use the hot sauce of your choice or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Butter - Don't skip the butter! This is what takes it to the next level and helps replicate a more traditional Japanese hibachi sauce recipe.
- Sweetener - I used a powdered monkfruit in this recipe, but you can use any sweetener you prefer.
Step by step directions
STEP 1. Add the mayo, ketchup, sriracha, butter, rice vinegar, sweetener, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika to a mixing bowl.
STEP 2. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. Then add water 1 teaspoon at a time until it has reached the desired consistency. This is not meant to be a thick sauce. You should be able to easily pour or spoon it over your food.
Frequently asked questions
I swear this sauce is good on just about everything. But some of my favorite things to serve it with are Egg Roll in a Bowl, Sesame Chicken with Broccoli, Shrimp Cakes, Crab Cakes, or on this Crispy Sheet Pan Cauliflower Fried Rice
Yum Yum sauce is also known as white sauce, pink sauce, hibachi sauce, sakura sauce, or Japanese steakhouse sauce. It is sweet and tangy, with a hint of spice, and goes with just about everything.
Yum Yum sauce is made of mayonnaise, ketchup (or tomato paste), sriracha, vinegar, butter, garlic powder, onion powder, sweetener, and paprika.
More serving suggestions
- serve it with any of your favorite Asian inspired dishes
- use it as a salad dressing
- drizzle it over roasted potatoes or use it as a fry sauce
- serve it with pulled pork
- with fried rice or Shrimp Cauliflower Fried Rice
- as a dipping sauce for Keto Bang Bang Cauliflower
- serve it with tacos or taco salad
- use it as a burger sauce
Other recipes you might enjoy
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBEPrint