This Keto Yum Yum sauce is sweet, tangy, and perfectly spiced. It's a low carb version of a classic Japanese steakhouse sauce. Best of all, it can be whipped up in 5 minutes. It's delicious on just about everything - egg roll in a bowl, cauliflower fried rice, shrimp cakes, crab cakes, grilled meats, as a fry sauce, and even as a salad dressing. It literally goes with just about everything.
Ingredients in Keto Yum Yum Sauce
- Mayonnaise - This is the base for this low carb yum yum sauce and makes it rich and creamy. I like to start with a homemade mayo. Check out my Easy Peasy 2 Minute Mayo Recipe
- Ketchup - To keep the carb count down, I recommend using a sugar-free or reduced sugar ketchup. You can also substitute tomato paste.
- Paprika - I recommend using a sweet paprika. Using a smoked paprika will completely change the flavor profile.
- Sriracha - This just adds a hint of spiciness. If you are not a fan of spice, feel free to omit it. Alternatively, you can use the hot sauce of your choice or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Butter - Don't skip the butter! This is what takes it to the next level and helps replicate a more traditional Japanese hibachi sauce recipe.
- Sweetener - I used a powdered monkfruit blend in this recipe, but you can use any sweetener you prefer.
Step by step directions
How to Make Keto Yum Yum Sauce
STEP 1. Add the mayo, ketchup, sriracha, butter, rice vinegar, sweetener, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika to a mixing bowl.
STEP 2. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. Then add water 1 teaspoon at a time until it has reached the desired consistency. This is not meant to be a thick sauce. You should be able to easily pour or spoon it over your food.
Frequently asked questions
I swear this sauce is good on just about everything. But some of my favorite things to serve it with are Egg Roll in a Bowl, Sesame Chicken with Broccoli, Shrimp Cakes, Crab Cakes, or on this Crispy Sheet Pan Cauliflower Fried Rice
Yum Yum sauce is also known as white sauce, pink sauce, hibachi sauce, sakura sauce, or Japanese steakhouse sauce. It is sweet and tangy, with a hint of spice, and goes with just about everything.
Yum Yum sauce is made of mayonnaise, ketchup (or tomato paste), sriracha, vinegar, butter, garlic powder, onion powder, sweetener, and paprika.
More serving suggestions
- serve it with any of your favorite Asian inspired dishes
- use it as a salad dressing
- drizzle it over roasted potatoes or use it as a fry sauce
- serve it with pulled pork
- with fried rice or Shrimp Cauliflower Fried Rice
- as a dipping sauce for Keto Bang Bang Cauliflower
- serve it with tacos or taco salad
- use it as a burger sauce
More Keto Sauce and Dressing Recipes
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
Never miss a recipe! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released.
Keto Yum Yum Sauce
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 ½ cups 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
This Keto Yum Yum sauce is sweet, tangy, and perfectly spiced. It's a low carb version of a classic Japanese steakhouse sauce. Best of all, it can be whipped up in 5 minutes. It's delicious on just about everything
- 1 cup mayonnaise (try my recipe here)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon powdered sweetener (I use this brand)
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sriracha, optional
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Combine all ingredients (minus the water) in a bowl and mix until well incorporated. Add water a teaspoon at a time until it has reached your desired consistency.
- You do not have to add any water to this sauce, but doing so thins it out just a touch, making it easy to drizzle over top of all your favorite dishes.
- If you are not a fan of spicy foods, simply omit the sriracha
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- net carbs per serving: 0.6g
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 146
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 0.8g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.1g
Keywords: keto yum yum sauce, Japanese steakhouse sauce, hibachi sauce, low carb yum yum sauce, pink sauce, keto sauce recipes
Amy Vien says
Sweet Jesus that was good! I was skeptical because some of the amounts of ingredients seemed high (vinegar especially) but it worked. I also made the yum yum sauce. It was a perfect complement. The only change I made was using cabbage as my husband hates broccoli. It turned out amazing and will definitely be in my rotation!
Making this second time around! The first time I made it for my non-Keto family. They all loved it. I loved it as well, so win-win. I am meal prepping keto with some hamburger and veggies from garden (zucchini and eggplant). The yum-yum sauce will pull it all together and give it great flavor!
Yummy! Having this with the kid's favorite dinner ....Egg Roll In and Bowl! Thank you!
Hubby can't stand cocktail sauce with his shrimp cocktail but he loves this. Thank you for the recipe
So good and so simple. This is great on the egg roll in a bowl and as a salad dressing.