This One Pot Keto Sesame Chicken and Broccoli is easy to make, only calls for inexpensive, real food ingredients, and best f all, it only dirties one pan. Win/win!
Todays post is a guest post from the ever inspiring Jen of Beauty and the Benchpress. She has undergone a major weight loss transformation through fitness and proper nutrition, and is inspiring others to do the same. She has a clean and simple approach to food. And you all know that my #1 piece of advice to anyone trying to get healthier is to KEEP IT SIMPLE!! Well, Jen is here with a delicious paleo, keto recipe to help you do just that!
One Pot Keto Sesame Chicken and Broccoli
From Jen: First of all, can I just say how excited I am to be here with you guys in this space?! Kyndra has been such a source of inspiration and motivation for me so I couldn’t be happier to be here with the community she has created! Thanks for having me!
Today I am coming to you with a new recipe – One Pot Keto Sesame Chicken and Broccoli. One pan meals are the best kinds of meals aren’t they? Quick, easy and clean-up is a breeze. And if there’s one thing I hate, it’s clean up. One pan meals are also one of my favorite ways to meal prep since you can just throw your favorite ingredients together in one pan and have meals ready to go for the week. I’m a HUGE fan of prep and I credit meal prepping as a major factor in helping me get healthier and lose weight when I was first starting out. That being said, most of the recipes on my blog are meals that I can quickly throw together and make enough servings to keep me ready for a week of healthy choices.
Usually when I’m craving Chinese food, I want to head to the nearest takeout place but those dishes are usually laden with tons of calories and unhealthy additives. This One Pot Keto Sesame Chicken and Broccoli recipe helps satisfy those cravings while still allowing me to keep my health goals intact. I did my first round of Whole30 in January and since then, I’ve been working on creating recipes that can be enjoyed both on a round of Whole30 and off. This recipe is low carb, paleo friendly and whole 30 compliant- success!
I love cooking with sesame oil because you need so little to pack a huge flavor punch. This recipe uses coconut aminos but if you’re not doing a Whole30 you can use regular soy sauce, or tamari (gluten free soy sauce) The arrowroot powder in this recipe is optional but I love using it to thicken up the sauce a bit.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- ¼ cup coconut aminos, or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon arrowroot powder (get it here)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds, plus extra for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Green onions, sliced, for garnish
- Place the broccoli florets in a microwave safe bowl with 1 tablespoon of water and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 2 minutes until the broccoli is just becoming tender.
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut aminos and arrowroot powder and set aside
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the avocado oil and garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken to the skillet along with the salt and pepper, and sauté until cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Once the chicken is just about done, add the sesame oil and broccoli to pan and sauté for an additional minute before pouring the coconut amino mixture over top.
- Sauté for 1 to 2 more minutes until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes, sesame seeds and green onions, before serving.
Net Carbs: 4.9g
- Calories: 204
- Fat: 6.1g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 30g
Follow Jen / Beauty and the Benchpress around the web