These Asian Tuna Cakes are bursting with flavor from ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, and coconut aminos. They’re easy to put together and completely paleo and Whole30 compliant.
Quick, easy, cost effective, and delicious Asian Tuna Cakes
If you’ve ever had a really good lump crab cake, these Asian Tuna Cakes are very similar in texture, just swap crab with tuna and add an asian twist. I love them served over a bed of cabbage with a dipping sauce.
the best dipping sauce for these gluten free asian tuna cakes
My favorite dipping sauce for these is a Wasabi Lime Mayo. It is super easy to mix up. Just combine mayonnaise with a little prepared wasabi and a squeeze of lime juice. Play with the amounts until it suits your tastes. This also makes an amazing salad dressing.
In addition to these Asian Tuna Cakes, check out some of my other favorite keto asian recipes:
- Keto Taco Slaw
- Sesame Chicken Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Easy Peasy Wonton-less Soup with Pork Meatballs
- Chinese Sausage Fried “Rice
- Pork Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Pickled Red Onions
- One Pot Keto Sesame Chicken and Broccoli
- Paleo Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Note before you begin… Make sure the tuna is completely drained and as dry as possible. Excess moisture will make the tuna cakes fall apart.
- 2 – 7 oz cans sustainable tuna, drained
- 2 large pastured eggs
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil, more if needed
- In a large mixing bowl, combine tuna, eggs, shallot, garlic, parsley, coconut aminos, ginger, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes, sea salt and black pepper. Mix until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Form mixture into 8 equal sized patties. Place the patties in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the patties to the pan.
- Fry the tuna cakes for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Use caution as you are flipping them over as they are very delicate and will crumble apart easily.
4g net carbs per serving
- Serving Size: 2 cakes
- Calories: 176
- Fat: 4.25g
- Carbohydrates: 4.5g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 32g
DAIRY-FREE KETO COOKING: A Nutritional Approach to Health and Wellness. With 150 Squeaky Clean Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes
Check out my other books – HERE
Using only approachable and accessible, nutrient dense, real food ingredients, I put together a dairy-free keto roadmap that does not require a search for unfamiliar specialty ingredients or that you have a gourmet kitchen. Each one of these delectable recipes is rooted in simplicity and calls for ingredients that can be found at your local grocery store. I’m showing you how to incorporate dairy-free substitutions that go far beyond the coconut.
In addition to tantalizing your palate with tasty recipes, Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will teach you how to restore your health and wellness, while living a lifestyle that nourishes you in mind, body, and spirit. Whether your goal is to lose weight, heal your body from the inside out, or simply find your own personal version of food freedom, I’m here to help you along in your journey to finding your personal path to wellness.
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY – HERE
Dairy-Free Keto Cooking features something for everyone. If you suffer from dairy intolerances or food allergies, this is the book for you. If you are someone who just loves easy to make, delicious food, then this book is for you. I added a bit of everything, including suggestions for adding or reintroducing dairy for all the cheese loving, quesophiles.
With recipes like this, how could anyone possibly feel deprived?
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Cowboy Style Beef Ragout
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Ribs
- Loco Moco
- Pork Tenderloin with Dill Sauce
- Flourless Chocolate Lava Cake
- Easy Peasy Cuban Picadillo
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Maple Breakfast Sausage
- Crab Salad Stuffed Avocado
- Scotch Eggs
- Supreme Pizza Soup
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Blackened Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- and much, much more!
I wrote this book with everyone in mind and it is complete with several different meal plans (paleo, AIP, egg free, nut free, 30 minute meals) as well as tons of valuable resources. Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will quickly become your go-to cookbook!