This warm keto taco slaw is the perfect new addition to your low carb taco Tuesday routine. Think egg roll in a bowl meets tacos. Delish!
What is warm taco slaw?
Well, this keto taco slaw is like egg roll in a bowl came to crash the Taco Tuesday party. All the same style and textures from a classic pork egg roll in a bowl recipe, but with a Mexican flair. This recipe is from my book Craveable Keto, but it was just too good to not share it all with you here as well. Plus it checks all of the boxes for me. Not only is is a keto whole30 compliant meal, but it is also a keto one pot meal, and it is ready in under 30 minutes. It’s also an excellent option for weekly meal prep or even batch cooking of keto freezer meals. It reheats really well. Winning!
Does this keto taco slaw have to be dairy free?
Of course not! Make it your own. While many people are on the hunt for more dairy free keto or keto paleo recipes, this is seriously amazing topped with some sharp cheddar cheese and sour cream. It you want to make it extra dreamy, try adding an assortment of cheeses into the mix and then baking it for 15 minutes after cooking it on the stove top. You won’t be disappointed.
What are some delicious ways to mix this warm taco slaw up a bit?
Like I said above, go nuts with it. Make it your own. But here are some of my favorite twists.
- use broccoli slaw in place of coleslaw
- add sour cream, green onions, and sharp cheddar cheese
- top it with keto pickled red onions
- use plain shredded cabbage instead of coleslaw mix
- make it with ground sausage, turkey, or chicken instead of beef
- add some chopped pickled jalapeños while cooking
In addition to this keto taco slaw recipe, check out some of my other favorite dairy free keto recipes:
- Sesame Chicken Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Keto Chocolate Muffins
- Keto Barbecue Dry Rub Ribs
- Dairy Free Keto Ranch Dressing
- Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms
- Low Carb Rainbow Vegetable Noodles
- Cranberry Pecan Cauliflower Rice Stuffing
DAIRY-FREE KETO COOKING: A Nutritional Approach to Health and Wellness. With 150 Squeaky Clean Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes
Check out my other books – HERE
Using only approachable and accessible, nutrient dense, real food ingredients, I put together a dairy-free keto roadmap that does not require a search for unfamiliar specialty ingredients or that you have a gourmet kitchen. Each one of these delectable recipes is rooted in simplicity and calls for ingredients that can be found at your local grocery store. I’m showing you how to incorporate dairy-free substitutions that go far beyond the coconut.
In addition to tantalizing your palate with tasty recipes, Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will teach you how to restore your health and wellness, while living a lifestyle that nourishes you in mind, body, and spirit. Whether your goal is to lose weight, heal your body from the inside out, or simply find your own personal version of food freedom, I’m here to help you along in your journey to finding your personal path to wellness.
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY – HERE
Dairy-Free Keto Cooking features something for everyone. If you suffer from dairy intolerances or food allergies, this is the book for you. If you are someone who just loves easy to make, delicious food, then this book is for you. I added a bit of everything everything, including suggestions for adding or reintroducing dairy for all the cheese loving, quesophiles.
With recipes like this, how could anyone possibly feel deprived?
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Cowboy Style Beef Ragout
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Ribs
- Loco Moco
- Pork Tenderloin with Dill Sauce
- Flourless Chocolate Lava Cake
- Easy Peasy Cuban Picadillo
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Maple Breakfast Sausage
- Crab Salad Stuffed Avocado
- Scotch Eggs
- Supreme Pizza Soup
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Blackened Shrimp Fettucine Alfredo
- and much, much more!
I wrote this book with everyone in mind and it is complete with several different meal plans (paleo, AIP, Egg free, nut free, 30 minute meals) as well as tons of valuable resources. Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will quickly become your go-to cookbook!
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY –HEREPrint
Keto Taco Slaw
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 1 pound ground beef (I get all of my grass-fed meats here)
- 4 tablespoons Taco Seasoning (get the recipe here)
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, with juices
- 1 (16-ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- Sea salt (optional)
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced, for garnish
- 2 green onions, sliced, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro or flat-leaf parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Sliced jalapeños, for serving (optional)
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Put the ground beef and 2 tablespoons of the seasoning blend in the pan and cook until the meat is browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- To the skillet, add the diced tomatoes and green chilies, coleslaw mix, and remaining 2 tablespoons of the seasoning blend. Cook until the cabbage is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the olives and cook until heated, about 2 minutes. Taste and add salt, if desired.
- Top each serving with avocado slices, green onions, as well as cilantro, jalapeños, or sour cream, if using.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
NET CARBS PER SERVING: 5.6g
- Calories: 278
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 18g
Keywords: low carb tacos, keto taco recipes, egg roll in a bowl, crack slaw recipes