This warm keto taco slaw is the perfect new addition to your low carb taco Tuesday routine. Think egg roll in a bowl meets tacos. Delish!
What is taco slaw?
Well, this keto taco slaw is like egg roll in a bowl came to crash the Taco Tuesday party. All the same style and textures from a classic pork egg roll in a bowl recipe, but with a Mexican flair. This recipe is from my book Craveable Keto, but it was just too good to not share it all with you here as well. Plus it checks all of the boxes for me. Not only is is a keto whole30 compliant meal, but it is also a keto one pot meal, and it is ready in under 30 minutes. It’s also an excellent option for weekly meal prep or even batch cooking of keto freezer meals. It reheats really well. Winning!
Delicious ways to mix this warm taco slaw
- use broccoli slaw in place of coleslaw
- add sour cream, green onions, and sharp cheddar cheese
- top it with keto pickled red onions
- use plain shredded cabbage instead of coleslaw mix
- make it with ground sausage, turkey, or chicken instead of beef
- add some chopped pickled jalapeños while cooking
Keto Cookbooks and Meal Plans
- Craveable Keto Cookbook
- Dairy Free Keto Cooking
- Keto Happy Hour
- 30 Minute Ketogenic Cooking
- Primal Low Carb Kitchen
- Keto Desserts
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Soups and Stews
- Keto Condiments Dressings and Sauces
- 14 Weeks of Low Carb and Gluten Free Meal Plans
More dairy free keto recipes:
- Sesame Chicken Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Keto Chocolate Muffins
- Keto Barbecue Dry Rub Ribs
- Dairy Free Keto Ranch Dressing
- Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms
- Low Carb Rainbow Vegetable Noodles
- Cranberry Pecan Cauliflower Rice Stuffing
Keto Taco Slaw
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 1 pound ground beef (I get all of my grass-fed meats here)
- 4 tablespoons Taco Seasoning (get the recipe here)
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, with juices
- 1 (16-ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- Sea salt (optional)
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced, for garnish
- 2 green onions, sliced, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro or flat-leaf parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Sliced jalapeños, for serving (optional)
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Put the ground beef and 2 tablespoons of the seasoning blend in the pan and cook until the meat is browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- To the skillet, add the diced tomatoes and green chilies, coleslaw mix, and remaining 2 tablespoons of the seasoning blend. Cook until the cabbage is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the olives and cook until heated, about 2 minutes. Taste and add salt, if desired.
- Top each serving with avocado slices, green onions, as well as cilantro, jalapeños, or sour cream, if using.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
NET CARBS PER SERVING: 5.6g
- Calories: 278
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 18g
Keywords: low carb tacos, keto taco recipes, egg roll in a bowl, crack slaw recipes