I’m not even joking when I tell you that my spiral slicer changed my low carb life. Being able to transform low carb vegetables into low carb noodles was a game changer. These paleo vegetable “noodles” are so versatile. You can bake them in bacon fat for a nice crispy hash brown like texture, or you can sauté them with a little olive oil and salt and pepper for a pasta like experience. They are so fresh and light! As you can see from the pictures, I have enjoyed them several ways. Perhaps my two favorite are with sausage and eggs for breakfast, and also as pasta with chicken or fish and my Sun-dried Tomato Coconut Cream Sauce recipe. This is the perfect low carb, paleo and whole30 recipe. The possibilities are endless! Check out some of my other favorite keto Whole30 recipes.
Check out some of my other favorite low carb vegetable noodle recipes:
- Cabbage Noodle Tuna Casserole
- Spaghetti Squash Carbonara
- Italian Meatball Zoodle Soup
- Garlic Thyme Squash Noodles
- Mediterranean Zucchini Noodle Pasta
Did you know that I have three new keto cookbooks out? Check them out below.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium summer squash
- 1 large carrot
- 1 small sweet potato
- 4 ounces red onion
- 6 ounces mixed bell peppers
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons bacon fat
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° Coat a baking sheet with the bacon fat. (Alternatively, you can use olive oil, butter, or ghee)
- Using a spiral slicer, spiral the zucchini, squash, carrot and sweet potato into noodle-like ribbons.
- Using a mandolin, on the thinnest setting, slice red onion, bell peppers, and garlic.
- Combine all vegetables, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to mix.
- Spread vegetable noodles in a thin layer across baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, tossing after 10 minutes.
- Calories: 128
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
***Some links contained on this page are affiliate links and I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remunerations for any products purchased through these links***