Low Carb Alfredo with Spaghetti Squash, Pancetta, and Peas. Low carb, satisfying, luxuriously creamy, and completely delicious.
Keto comfort food
Over the 15 years I worked in the restaurant industry, nearly all of the restaurants I worked in were Italian restaurants or at least had an Italian flair. Italian dishes are known for their heartiness and are often very carb heavy. Working in these restaurants was my own personal form of torture, but this recipe? It’s redeemed me from all that yearning from pasta. Using roasted spaghetti squash as the “pasta” in this keto alfredo dish makes the dish lighter, but just as satisfying, without a ton of carbs. Pancetta adds a nice salty savory layer, and the peas brighten up the dish with a pop of sweetness.
Low Carb pasta alternatives
I love getting creative in the kitchen and coming up with low carb pasta substitutions, low carb potato substitution and low carb rice substitutions. Once you have a good stable of healthy swaps, living a low carb lifestyle, free of deprivation becomes a lot easier.
Now what do you put on top of all those delicious recipes? SAUCE! and more SAUCE! I am a big low carb sauce fan. Often times, I feel like the food is just a vessel to deliver the low carb dips, sauces and dressings to my face! I love making low carb sauces from scratch and finding fun ways to replace classic pasta dishes. Low carb pasta recipes is one of the number one requests I get on this site. In fact, I did an entire round up of Low Carb Pasta Substitution Recipes.
How to make keto alfredo sauce
The roasted spaghetti squash in this recipe is an amazing low carb and gluten free substitution for pasta noodles. Enjoy an old classic in a waistline friendly version. The low carb alfredo sauce in this recipe is rich, creamy and garlicky. Everything a good low carb alfredo sauce recipe should be. Restaurant alfredo sauces typically use flour to help thicken the sauces. A true alfredo sauce should already be low carb – butter, cream, cheese and seasonings. Keto alfredo sauce is one of my favorite sauces to eat on just about anything – chicken, fish, casseroles. You name it, I love it!
More Keto Comfort Food Recipes:
- “Just Like the Real Thing” Lasagna
- Eggplant Lasagna with Meat Sauce
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna
- Stuffed Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf
- Spaghetti Squash Carbonara
- Keto Fettuccine Alfredo with Pesto Chicken and Broccoli
- Keto Supreme Pizza Stuffed Peppers
Spaghetti Squash Alfredo with Pancetta and Peas – Low Carb, Gluten Free
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Makes 4 Servings 1x
- medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper
- 6 oz pancetta, diced
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- a few sprigs of Italian flat leaf parsley, rough chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and scrape out the seeds. Drizzle olive oil over both halves and sprinkle with a little sea salt and black pepper. Place the spaghetti squash, cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Once the spaghetti squash has finished roasting and has cooled, use a fork to shred the spaghetti squash and remove it from the shells. Place in a large serving bowl and set aside.
- While the spaghetti squash is roasting, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta to the skillet. Sauté the pancetta until it is crisped. Remove the pancetta from pan and set aside, but retain the drippings in the pan.
- To the pan, add the shallot, garlic and thyme. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with chicken stock. Scrape any bits from the bottom of the pan and mix in.
- Add heavy cream and Parmesan to the pan. Add the pancetta back to the pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir peas into sauce. Pour sauce over spaghetti squash and mix everything together.
- Top with shaved Parmesan and parsley before serving.
9.5g net carbs per serving
- Calories: 567
- Fat: 49g
- Carbohydrates: 12.5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 22g
Keywords: low carb pasta, keto pasta, gluten free pasta, low carb alfredo, keto pasta recipes, alfredo sauce recipe