- medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper
- 6 oz pancetta, diced
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- a few sprigs of Italian flat leaf parsley, rough chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and scrape out the seeds. Drizzle olive oil over both halves and sprinkle with a little sea salt and black pepper. Place the spaghetti squash, cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Once the spaghetti squash has finished roasting and has cooled, use a fork to shred the spaghetti squash and remove it from the shells. Place in a large serving bowl and set aside.
- While the spaghetti squash is roasting, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta to the skillet. Sauté the pancetta until it is crisped. Remove the pancetta from pan and set aside, but retain the drippings in the pan.
- To the pan, add the shallot, garlic and thyme. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with chicken stock. Scrape any bits from the bottom of the pan and mix in.
- Add heavy cream and Parmesan to the pan. Add the pancetta back to the pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir peas into sauce. Pour sauce over spaghetti squash and mix everything together.
- Top with shaved Parmesan and parsley before serving.
9.5g net carbs per serving
- Calories: 567
- Fat: 49g
- Carbohydrates: 12.5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 22g
Keywords: low carb pasta, keto pasta, gluten free pasta, low carb alfredo, keto pasta recipes, alfredo sauce recipe