This recipe gave me yet another reason to use my spiral slicer. Who knew that making noodles out of vegetables could be so fun? The great thing about this soup is that you can just throw in any vegetables you have around the house. To add an even better texture and flavor to the meatballs you can use equal parts of ground beef and ground pork. To make this whole30 compliant, omit the parmesan cheese. You can replace it with crushed pork rinds or just omit it altogether.
Check out some of my other favorite low-carb vegetable noodle recipes:
- Rainbow Vegetable Noodles
- Garlic Thyme Squash Noodles
- Cabbage Noodle Tuna Casserole
- Mediterranean Zucchini Noodle Pasta
- Spaghetti Squash Carbonara
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
Italian Meatball Zoodle Soup
Calories: 129 Carbs: 3 net grams Fat: 6 g Protein: 15 g
- 32 oz beef stock
- 1 medium zucchini, Spiraled
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Heat slow cooker on low setting.
- To the slow cooker, add beef stock, zucchini, celery, onion, carrot, tomato, and garlic salt. Cover.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, Parmesan, garlic, egg, parsley, sea salt, onion powder, oregano, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. Form into approximately 30 meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add meatballs and brown on all sides. No need to worry about cooking them all the way through as they will be going into the slow cooker. Add meatballs to slow cooker, cover and cook for 6 hours.
***Please note that nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels***
***Some links contained on this page are affiliate links and I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remunerations for any products purchased through these links***