One taste of this Dairy Free Keto Ranch Dressing and you would never guess that there is no dairy in the recipe.
If there is one thing I love, it is a good ranch dressing recipe. I think that is obvious by the number of low carb ranch dressing recipes here on my site. Let me just tell you, that I am a picky ranch dressing eater too. Not just any ranch will do! It has to be garlicky, creamy, and herbaceous. This dairy free keto ranch dressing recipes fits the bill perfectly. It is tried and true. I made several different variations of this recipe before deciding that this was the perfect one! I even tried a lot of store-bought brands like Tessemaes, and Primal Kitchen. While I did like the taste of them, they just didn’t taste like ranch to me. They tasted more like a creamy Italian. I knew that I was never going to be satisfied until I just made my own. So I did! I made a deliciously creamy ranch dressing that is dairy free, keto friendly, and Whole30 compliant. It is sure to become your new favorite.
I have been following a low carb, keto lifestyle for many years now, but it is only as of the last year or so that I have really begun to focus on dairy free keto. I am even working on a dairy free keto cookbook right this very moment. My body feels best when I combine paleo principles with a ketogenic way of eating – Low carb, high fat, but without dairy, grains, or gluten.
I love to have this dairy free ranch dressing on just about everything. I put it on all my salads, I use it as a dip for fresh veggie trays, I put it on tacos, everything. I told you I am a ranch addict. If my salad has this keto ranch dressing and my low carb pickled red onions on it, then I am a happy camper!
For all my keto Whole30 friends, as long as you use a compliant mayonnaise or make my whole30 mayonnaise recipe that is linked below, you now have a delicious, go-to whole30 ranch dressing recipe!
A few notes on this Dairy Free Keto Ranch Dressing Recipe:
- You can substitute dried herbs in place of the fresh, but not in equal amounts. A good rule of thumb is 1 teaspoon of dried herbs equals 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs. If you are using freeze dried herbs as I frequently do, you would use the same amount as fresh. I love to buy the Litehouse freeze dried herbs. You can usually find them in the produce section at the grocery store, but you can get a way better deal by buying the large bottles at Costco for the same price as the smaller bottles at the grocery store.
- You may want to add more or even less water, depending on the thickness of the mayonnaise you use and how thick you like your salad dressing. If you want to make your own mayo, which I highly recommend, try out my Easy Peasy 2 Minute Paleo Mayonnaise recipe. It is keto, and even Whole30 compliant. Add the water 1 tablespoon at a time until you achieve the consistency you desire.
- If you are looking for an egg free mayonnaise, you can do what I do and substitute a vegan mayo. Since I cannot currently eat eggs, due to an egg intolerance, I make this with Just Mayo It is my favorite egg free mayo. You would never know the difference! Then you have the perfect egg free, dairy free keto ranch dressing recipe.
- I like to make this in a wide mouth mason jar, add all the ingredients, cap and shake. Then I just store it in the same jar I made it in.
- You can eat this right away, but it does taste best after 24 hours in the refrigerator. That gives time for all the flavors to come together. YUM!
Get my favorite mason jar lids – here
- 1 cup mayonnaise (get my Whole30 mayo recipe here)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill weed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (I use these organic spices)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients together in a mason jar, cap, and shake to combine. Alternately, you can combine all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl, and whisk until well incorporated.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. (If it lasts that long 🙂 )
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 122
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: .3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g