Paleo 2 Minute Avocado Oil Mayo. With just a couple of ingredients and 2 minutes of your time, you have a fool proof mayo recipe that works every time.
I have an almost embarrassing love affair with mayonnaise. I have loved it ever since I was a kid. If left to my own devices as a child I would always eat a heaping mound of mayonnaise smeared on a piece of white bread. While my dietary choices have drastically changed, my love of mayo remains unwavering. One of my favorite things about mayonnaise is that you can use it to add creaminess to dishes without adding extra dairy.
It’s amazing to me how many years I bought store bought mayonnaise when it is so easy to make your own mayonnaise at home. Not to mention, it is so much better for you. Most of the mayos in the store have a lot of nasty things added to them.
This paleo and whole30 complaint mayonnaise recipe is absolutely foolproof and sets up perfectly every time. How many times have you tried a clean mayo recipe only to have it be a runny, oily mess? Yeah, me too! I promise that if you do not deviate from the ingredients and you follow the directions exactly as stated, that you will get perfectly thick mayo each and every time. You will see a lot of recipes that tell you the egg needs to be room temperature. I just use an egg straight out of the fridge and it works every time.
That being said, I cannot stress enough how crucial having an immersion blender is for this recipe, or any mayo really. It is a small investment that is a total game changer in the kitchen and can be used for so many things. Pureeing soups and stews, making dips, dressings and sauces, and so much more. The one that I have even comes with a whisk attachment. No more whisking by hand. Think of how fast you could get egg white to stiff peaks with a powered whisk attachment. WORTH EVERY PENNY!! This is the one that I have and I love it. It is a Kitchenaid
Now go make some deliciously perfect mayonnaise. And when you are done with that, use it to make my Paleo Dill Chicken Salad. SO GOOD!
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
Check out some of my other favorite low carb, keto condiments, sauces and dressings:
- Keto Chocolate Nut Butter
- Keto Southwestern Ranch Dressing
- Avocado Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- Easy Peasy Paleo Pizza Sauce
- Low Carb Sun-dried Tomato Cream Sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup avocado oil (I use this brand)
- To a tall, wide mouth mason jar add the lemon juice first, then the egg, seasonings, and finally the oil. Let the ingredients rest for 20 seconds or so.
- Put the immersion blender all the way at the bottom of the mason jar. Turn it on high speed and leave it at the bottom of the jar for about 20 seconds. The mayonnaise will immediately begin to set up and fill the jar.
- After the mayonnaise is almost all the way set, slowly pull the immersion blender towards the top of the jar without taking the blades out of the mayonnaise. Then, slowly push it back towards the bottom of the jar. Repeat this step a couple of times until all of the ingredients are well well incorporated.
- Taste and add more salt, if desired.
Keywords: homemade mayo, mayonnaise recipe, paleo mayo, whole 30 mayo recipe, condiments, sauces, keto, low carb, gluten free, dairy free keto