This quick and easy Homemade Avocado Oil Mayo is a simple to make and so much better for you than the store-bought versions. It also makes for an excellent dairy free base for homemade condiments, dips, dressings and sauces. If you have tried to make homemade mayonnaise in the past and ending up wasting expensive ingredients only to have a watery mess, then this is the recipe for you.
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup avocado oil (I use this brand)
- To a tall, wide mouth mason jar add the lemon juice first, then the egg, seasonings, and finally the oil.
- Put the immersion blender all the way at the bottom of the mason jar before turning it on. Turn it on high speed and leave it at the bottom of the jar for about 20 seconds. The mayonnaise will immediately begin to set.
- After the mayonnaise is almost all the way set, slowly pull the immersion blender up and through the remaining oil. without taking the blades out of the mayonnaise. Then, slowly push it back towards the bottom of the jar. Repeat this step a couple of times until all of the ingredients are well incorporated and the mayonnaise is nice and thick.
- Taste and add more salt, if desired.
- For Best Results: I recommend not using anything wider than a pint size jar to make this in. You want the glass you use to just be slightly wider than the head of the immersion blender in order for this to set up properly.
- Make sure to keep the immersion blender at the bottom of the glass once you start it, only pulling up once the mayo is 3/4 set already. Moving it up and down will result in a runny mess.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Condiment Recipes
- Method: Immersion Blender
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 134
- Sodium: 82mg
- Fat: 14.9g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrates: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.4g
Keywords: homemade mayo, mayonnaise recipe, paleo mayo, whole 30 mayo recipe, condiments, sauces, keto, low carb, gluten free, dairy free keto