This Chili Lime Chicken with Avocado Feta Salsa is perfectly balanced with tender and juicy chicken, warm spices and fresh citrus. The avocado feta salsa is the perfect cooling compliment to the spice of the chicken. Best of all, it can be made in less than 30 minutes.
This Chili Lime Chicken with Avocado Feta Salsa recipe is incredibly versatile and easy to mix and match based on what you have on hand, and by personal preference.
- Chicken - For this recipe I used boneless skinless chicken breast. You can also use chicken things or even a full roaster chicken
- Feta - If you are not a fan of feta cheese, you can use any cheese you prefer. Some of my favorites for this recipe are cotija, goat cheese, Manchego, and sharp extra white cheddar.
- Cilantro - If you are team "no cilantro", you can substitute parsley or even chives (Check out this Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice Recipe)
- Limes - While lime juice definitely goes best with this recipe, you could also use lemon juice, fresh orange juice, or even red wine vinegar, or a splash of apple cider vinegar
- Red Onion - If raw red onion is too pungent for you, you can always substitute shallots, green onions, or even sweet white onion.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can cook the chicken by any method you prefer - pan-seared, grilled, roasted, baked, slow cooker, InstantPot etc. This is my favorite grill pan.
If you have the time, I recommend marinating the chicken for 4-5 hours. Since this marinade has lime juice (an acid in it), I don't recommend going much longer that that.
We don't typically have any leftovers when I make this. BUT, if I did, I would mash up the avocado feta salsa to make a guacamole and use the leftover chicken to make chicken taco bowls. I would pile all of that on top of some Mexican Cauliflower Rice, and top with with sour cream, cheese, and salsa.
More low carb chicken recipes
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
**This recipe was originally published on Peace Love and Low Carb on March 20, 2012 and was updated and republished on February 26, 2021**