This herbed chicken and mushrooms is so tender and juicy, the perfect keto chicken recipe, full of flavor and ready in just over 30 minutes.
Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms: full of flavor, while also being keto and Whole30 compliant
This herbed chicken and mushrooms is so tender and juicy. It packs so much flavor that it is hard to believe that it is ready and on the table in just over 30 minutes from start to finish. You’ve got to love any recipe that is inexpensive to prepare, only dirties one pot, is quick and easy, while still being incredibly flavorful.
Why I used chicken thighs in this keto Whole30 chicken recipe
For this low carb chicken recipe, I decided to go with bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs. I chose thighs over breasts for a few different reasons. Chicken thighs are higher in fat than breasts, making them even more keto friendly. They are less expensive and they cook very quickly. Perhaps my favorite reason is because you just can’t beat that super crispy, perfectly seasoned chicken skin. Mmmmmm, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Another reason that I love chicken thighs is that they are great for quick and easy meal prep recipes. I’ve said it before and I will say it again, meal prep and meal planning has been a huge part of my success in losing weight with a low carb lifestyle. Having something healthy to grab at a moments notice keeps me from reaching for the wrong types of foods.
Here are my top 5 tips for quick and easy low carb meal prep:
- Set aside non-negotiable time each week that is dedicated to meal prep. Make it a silent promise to your health that you keep week in and week out. Schedule it as you would a job, or a doctor's appointment.
- Whenever possible, double the batch and freeze the rest. I apply this principle to just about everything I cook. If I am in between meal prep or just feel like eating something different than what I have prepped, I make a double batch and freeze the rest so that I am always building my food prep stash in the freezer.
- Cook things together whenever possible. Aside from the slow cooker, one of my favorite ways to cut down on time and kitchen messes is to throw together sheet pan meals. I throw my protein and the vegetables on a sheet pan and cook them all together. Dinner doesn't get much easier than that.
- Prep anything you eat in abundance throughout the week all at once. I always have a stash of hardboiled eggs in my fridge. Perfect for snacking on deviled eggs or whipping up a quick egg salad.
- Batch cook meats on an outdoor grill in large quantities. Then pair them with various side dishes and you are set for the week.
In addition to Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms, check out some of my favorite keto chicken recipes:
- Keto Chicken Fried Steak
- Muffuletta Chicken
- Crispy Baked Teriyaki Wings
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Herbed Butter Roasted Chicken
- Keto Chicken Parmesan Dip
- Keto Popcorn Chicken