This herbed chicken and mushrooms is so tender and juicy, the perfect keto chicken recipe, full of flavor and ready in just over 30 minutes.
Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms: full of flavor, ready in under an hour
This herbed chicken and mushrooms is so tender and juicy. It packs so much flavor that it is hard to believe that it is ready and on the table in just over 30 minutes from start to finish. You’ve got to love any recipe that is inexpensive to prepare, only dirties one pot, is quick and easy, while still being incredibly flavorful.
Why I used chicken thighs in this keto chicken recipe
For this low carb chicken recipe, I decided to go with bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs. I chose thighs over breasts for a few different reasons. Chicken thighs are higher in fat than breasts, making them even more keto friendly. They are less expensive and they cook very quickly. Perhaps my favorite reason is because you just can’t beat that super crispy, perfectly seasoned chicken skin. Mmmmmm, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Another reason that I love chicken thighs is that they are great for quick and easy meal prep recipes. I’ve said it before and I will say it again, meal prep and meal planning has been a huge part of my success in losing weight with a low carb lifestyle. Having something healthy to grab at a moments notice keeps me from reaching for the wrong types of foods.
Here are my top 5 tips for quick and easy low carb meal prep:
- Set aside non-negotiable time each week that is dedicated to meal prep. Make it a silent promise to your health that you keep week in and week out. Schedule it as you would a job, or a doctor’s appointment.
- Whenever possible, double the batch and freeze the rest. I apply this principle to just about everything I cook. If I am in between meal prep or just feel like eating something different than what I have prepped, I make a double batch and freeze the rest so that I am always building my food prep stash in the freezer.
- Cook things together whenever possible. Aside from the slow cooker, one of my favorite ways to cut down on time and kitchen messes is to throw together sheet pan meals. I throw my protein and the vegetables on a sheet pan and cook them all together. Dinner doesn’t get much easier than that.
- Prep anything you eat in abundance throughout the week all at once. I always have a stash of hardboiled eggs in my fridge. Perfect for snacking on deviled eggs or whipping up a quick egg salad.
- Batch cook meats on an outdoor grill in large quantities. Then pair them with various side dishes and you are set for the week.
In addition to Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms, check out some of my favorite keto chicken recipes:
- Keto Chicken Fried Steak
- Muffuletta Chicken
- Crispy Baked Teriyaki Wings
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Herbed Butter Roasted Chicken
- Keto Chicken Parmesan Dip
- Keto Popcorn Chicken
- 8 skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Torn fresh parsley, optional as garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt, pepper, 2 teaspoons of the oregano, 2 teaspoons of the dried thyme, and 2 teaspoons of the dried rosemary.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken to the skillet, skin side down. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes until the skin is nice and crispy.
- Flip the chicken thighs over to the other side and transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Transfer the skillet back to the stovetop. Remove the chicken from the pan, set aside, and cover to keep warm.
- To the same skillet, add the mushrooms and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, until they have releases their liquid and are tender.
- Add the garlic, chicken stock, Dijon mustard, and the remaining seasonings and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Plate the chicken and pour the sauce over top. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
- Calories: 418
- Fat: 29g
- Carbohydrates: 2.5g
- Protein: 53g
DAIRY-FREE KETO COOKING: A Nutritional Approach to Health and Wellness. With 150 Squeaky Clean Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes
Check out my other books – HERE
Using only approachable and accessible, nutrient dense, real food ingredients, I put together a dairy-free keto roadmap that does not require a search for unfamiliar specialty ingredients or that you have a gourmet kitchen. Each one of these delectable recipes is rooted in simplicity and calls for ingredients that can be found at your local grocery store. I’m showing you how to incorporate dairy-free substitutions that go far beyond the coconut.
In addition to tantalizing your palate with tasty recipes, Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will teach you how to restore your health and wellness, while living a lifestyle that nourishes you in mind, body, and spirit. Whether your goal is to lose weight, heal your body from the inside out, or simply find your own personal version of food freedom, I’m here to help you along in your journey to finding your personal path to wellness.
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY – HERE
Dairy-Free Keto Cooking features something for everyone. If you suffer from dairy intolerances or food allergies, this is the book for you. If you are someone who just loves easy to make, delicious food, then this book is for you. I added a bit of everything, including suggestions for adding or reintroducing dairy for all the cheese loving, quesophiles.
With recipes like this, how could anyone possibly feel deprived?
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Cowboy Style Beef Ragout
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Ribs
- Loco Moco
- Pork Tenderloin with Dill Sauce
- Flourless Chocolate Lava Cake
- Easy Peasy Cuban Picadillo
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Maple Breakfast Sausage
- Crab Salad Stuffed Avocado
- Scotch Eggs
- Supreme Pizza Soup
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Blackened Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- and much, much more!
I wrote this book with everyone in mind and it is complete with several different meal plans (paleo, AIP, egg free, nut free, 30 minute meals) as well as tons of valuable resources. Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will quickly become your go-to cookbook!