Whole30 Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 8 skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Torn fresh parsley, optional as garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt, pepper, 2 teaspoons of the oregano, 2 teaspoons of the dried thyme, and 2 teaspoons of the dried rosemary.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken to the skillet, skin side down. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes until the skin is nice and crispy.
- Flip the chicken thighs over to the other side and transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Transfer the skillet back to the stovetop. Remove the chicken from the pan, set aside, and cover to keep warm.
- To the same skillet, add the mushrooms and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, until they have releases their liquid and are tender.
- Add the garlic, chicken stock, Dijon mustard, and the remaining seasonings and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Plate the chicken and pour the sauce over top. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
- Calories: 418
- Fat: 29g
- Carbohydrates: 2.5g
- Protein: 53g