This Keto Bacon Jam is the perfect condiment for just about everything. Amazing on burgers, steak, and even your morning eggs.
What is bacon jam?
In the past when I would see bacon jam recipes, I would always think it was such a strange name for a recipe that had onions and bacon in it. When I hear the word jam, my mind automatically goes to slathering some low carb raspberry jam on keto bread with peanut butter. Bacon onion jam is certainly not what comes to mind.
Traditional bacon jam recipes are made by slow cooking the bacon and the onions with vinegar, brown sugar and spices, and then putting then ingredients in a food processor to make sort of a relish. For this keto bacon jam recipe, I opted to keep things chunkier by skipping the food processor. I thought it gave it a nicer texture. You can also make bourbon bacon jam by following this base recipe and adding a couple of ounces of your favorite bourbon.
What do you put homemade bacon jam on?
What don't you put it on would be an easier question? My favorite things to eat it on are the Best Ever Bunless Pub Burger (below) from my book Craveable Keto, or on top of a big, fat, juicy steak. But it is also amazing on eggs, in egg muffins, on an omelette, or even on salads. Honestly, I will put it on just about anything. Keto bacon jam is my JAM! You see what I did there?
More keto condiment recipes:
- Keto Pickled Red Onions
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- New Orleans Style Briny Olive Salad
- Pickled Jalapeños
- Dairy Free Keto Ranch Dressing
- Paleo 2 Minute Avocado Oil Mayo
- Quick Pickled Radishes
- Keto Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Low Carb Sun-Dried Tomato Garlic Dip
- Creamy Chive Keto Blue Cheese Dressing
Keto Cookbooks and Meal Plans
- Craveable Keto Cookbook
- Dairy Free Keto Cooking
- Keto Happy Hour
- 30 Minute Ketogenic Cooking
- Primal Low Carb Kitchen
- Keto Desserts
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Soups and Stews
- Keto Savory Side Dishes
- Keto Condiments Dressings and Sauces
- 14 Weeks of Low Carb and Gluten Free Meal Plans
Keto Bacon Jam
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- 10 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- Leaves from 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar erythritol or golden monk fruit (I use this brand) code PEACE for 20% off
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Put the bacon in the skillet and cook until it is crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon from the pan and set aside; leaving half of the drippings in the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. To the bacon drippings, add the butter, onion, thyme, black pepper, and cayenne. Cook until the onions are caramelized, 25 to 30 minutes. Mix the cooked bacon in with the caramelized onions.
- Add the sherry and brown sugar erythritol. Mix in and cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until the sherry has evaporated and the erythritol has had time to caramelize. Store the jam in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Net Carbs Per Serving: 1.4g
- Serving Size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 72
- Fat: 5.3g
- Carbohydrates: 1.8g
- Fiber: .4g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: keto bacon jam, low carb bacon jam, low carb recipes, keto recipes, bacon onion jam, keto condiments