This Keto Bacon Jam is the perfect condiment for just about everything. Amazing on burgers, steak, and even your morning eggs.
What is keto bacon jam anyway?
In the past when I would see bacon jam recipes, I would always think it was such a strange name for a recipe that had onions and bacon in it. When I hear the word jam, my mind automatically goes to slathering some low carb raspberry jam on keto bread with peanut butter. Bacon onion jam is certainly not what comes to mind.
Traditional bacon jam recipes are made by slow cooking the bacon and the onions with vinegar, brown sugar and spices, and then putting then ingredients in a food processor to make sort of a relish. For this keto bacon jam recipe, I opted to keep things chunkier by skipping the food processor. I thought it gave it a nicer texture. You can also make bourbon bacon jam by following this base recipe and adding a couple of ounces of your favorite bourbon.
What do you put homemade bacon jam on?
What don’t you put it on would be an easier question? My favorite things to eat it on are the Best Ever Bunless Pub Burger (below) from my book Craveable Keto, or on top of a big, fat, juicy steak. But it is also amazing on eggs, in egg muffins, on an omelette, or even on salads. Honestly, I will put it on just about anything. Keto bacon jam is my JAM! You see what I did there?
In addition to the Keto Bacon Onion Jam recipe, check out some of my other favorite keto condiment recipes:
- Keto Pickled Red Onions
- New Orleans Style Briny Olive Salad
- Dairy Free Keto Ranch Dressing
- Paleo 2 Minute Avocado Oil Mayo
- Keto Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Low Carb Sun-Dried Tomato Garlic Dip
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Put the bacon in the skillet and cook until it is crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon from the pan and set aside; leaving half of the drippings in the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. To the bacon drippings, add the butter, onion, thyme, black pepper, and cayenne. Cook until the onions are caramelized, 25 to 30 minutes. Mix the cooked bacon in with the caramelized onions.
- Add the sherry and brown sugar erythritol. Mix in and cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until the sherry has evaporated and the erythritol has had time to caramelize. Store the jam in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Net Carbs Per Serving: 1.4g
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 72
- Fat: 5.3g
- Carbohydrates: 1.8g
- Fiber: .4g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: keto bacon jam, low carb bacon jam, low carb recipes, keto recipes, bacon onion jam, keto condiments
Craveable Keto is on sale right now. Grab a copy here
RECIPES, RECIPES, RECIPES…
Craveable Keto Cookbook has more than 145 recipes, each with a full color photo and nutritional analysis. It is packed with awesome resources to help make your low carb, keto lifestyle easier. Let’s look at some of the recipes shall we?
- Dill Pickle Brined Fish and Chips
- Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Reuben Biscuits Sandwiches
- Steak Fajita Bowls
- Chicken Cordon Blue Pizza
- Blueberry Mojito Popsicles
- Italian Parmesan Breadsticks
- Crispy Chicken Thigh and Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner
- Slow Cooker 5 Spiced Beef
- Asian Chicken Salad
- Bloody Mary Deviled Eggs.
- and so much more…