This quick and easy Keto Russian Dressing is the perfect tangy, creamy element to add to a Reuben Chopped Salad or your favorite low carb Reuben themed recipe. Made with just 7 ingredients, this low carb dressing mixes up in minutes and is tastes great on just about anything!
Ingredients in Keto Russian Dressing
- Mayonnaise: to get a super creamy Russian dressing, I prefer using homemade mayo. In a pinch, you can also use Primal Kitchen mayo. Code PEACE for 10% off
- Ketchup: to keep this keto, you'll want to use a reduced sugar or sugar free ketchup. I like Primal Kitchen ketchup because they use minimal ingredients with no sweetener.
- Worcestershire sauce: this adds a nice kick to the dressing and really deepens the flavor. You can also use soy sauce or coconut aminos.
- Dijon mustard: the tanginess in Dijon mustard gives Russian dressing its classic flavor. You can also use spicy brown mustard, stone ground mustard, or even sweet hot mustard based on your flavor preferences.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Make Keto Russian Dressing
STEP 1: In a large mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, chives and dill.
STEP 2: Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Serving suggestions: Russian dressing is an essential element for Reuben themed recipes like these Reuben Stuffed Mushrooms, or these Reuben Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. It also makes an excellent dipping sauce for appetizers like Sausage Balls or Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms. It even goes great with seafood - especially these Cajun Trinity Crab Cakes and Shrimp Cakes.
- Storage: store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Make it Whole 30: use this paleo avocado oil mayo as a base and Primal Kitchen ketchup and Dijon mustard to keep it Whole30.
- Sub dried herbs: to make this Keto Russian Dressing with dried herbs, simply reduce the amount of fresh herbs by ⅔. For example, if a recipe called for one tablespoon of fresh herbs, you would use one teaspoon of dried herbs.
- Make your own mayo: the mayo gives this dressing a creamy, silky texture. Homemade mayo makes it taste even better! If you've never made your own mayo, I have a foolproof mayo recipe that couldn't be any simpler.
- Spice it up: adding a tablespoon or two of sriracha to this recipe really takes it to the next level, and adds the perfect amount of kick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Surprisingly, Russian dressing is not Russian at all. It's very similar to Thousand Island Dressing, but without the sweetness or textural element from pickles.
No! Catalina dressing is more tomato-based and is made with olive oil and vinegar. They have completely different flavor profiles and Russian dressing is a lot creamier than Catalina dressing.
More Low Carb Recipes
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
**Recipe originally posted June 2nd 2018 - Updated May 20th 2021**