Your favorite holiday appetizer just got a keto makeover. These Keto Sausage Balls are the perfect quick and easy low carb appetizer for all occasions.
This recipe is a sneak peek into my new book – 30 Minute Ketogenic Cooking. Grab a copy HERE
WITH RECIPES LIKE THESE, HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG?
- Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- Sloppy Joe Stuffed Pepper
- Cauliflower Steaks with Cheesy Bacon Sauce
- Lemon Mousse
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buttery Garlic Crescent Rolls
- Barbecue Chicken Mockaroni Salad
- Salisbury Steak
- Zucchini Gratin
- Fish Taco Bowls
- and so many more…
I can’t think of a more traditional appetizer recipe than sausage balls. They have grazed countless holiday tables for decades. These keto sausage balls are the perfect low carb rendition of a high carb classic. In this recipe I used almond flour in place of the traditional bisquick used in the sausage ball recipes of old. It makes the perfect substitution, while keeping the perfectly dense, juicy texture.
I love to serve these keto sausage balls with a side of low carb barbecue sauce or even with my Dairy Free Keto Ranch Dressing Recipe or Keto Chive Blue Cheese Dressing recipe. And let me just tell you… these sausage balls aren’t just for holidays, they are perfect any time of year. They are quick and easy, ready in under 30 minutes, making them the perfect quick and easy party appetizer.
I like to make a double batch and use them for meal prep throughout the week. They are portable, and reheat well. Great served alone, or with eggs for breakfast. Serve them up with a hearty salad for lunch or dinner. The possibilities are endless. I also like to mix things up a bit and whip these sausage balls up with some cream cheese and fresh herbs. DELISH! What is your favorite way to enjoy keto sausage balls?
In addition to these keto sausage balls, check out some of my other favorite keto appetizer recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- Keto Soft Pretzels
- Hot Ham and Cheese Roll-Ups with Dijon Butter Glaze
- Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Low Carb Beef and Chorizo Empanadas
- Cajun Trinity Keto Crab Cakes
These Keto Sausage Balls have all the savoriness and flavor of the traditional version made with bisquick, but without all the carbs and gluten. They are the perfect quick and easy low carb party appetizer.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a wire cooling rack.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and, using your hands, mix until well incorporated.
- Form the meat mixture into 1 1/2 – to 2-inch meatballs, making a total of 24
- Place the meatballs on the wire rack. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Net Carbs: 3.5g
- Serving Size: 4 sausage balls
- Calories: 374
- Fat: 31g
- Carbohydrates: 5.5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 22g
Keywords: sausage balls, low carb appetizers, keto party recipe, keto snacks, low carb sausage balls, keto recipes