Your favorite holiday appetizer just got a keto makeover. These Keto Sausage Balls are the perfect quick and easy low carb appetizer for all occasions.
Keto Sausage Balls: the perfect keto appetizer
I can't think of a more traditional appetizer recipe than sausage balls. They have grazed countless holiday tables for decades. These keto sausage balls are the perfect low carb rendition of a high carb classic. In this recipe I used almond flour in place of the traditional bisquick used in the sausage ball recipes of old. It makes the perfect substitution, while keeping the perfectly dense, juicy texture.
What to serve with these sausage balls
I love to serve these keto sausage balls with a side of low carb barbecue sauce or even with my Dairy Free Keto Ranch Dressing Recipe or Keto Chive Blue Cheese Dressing recipe. And let me just tell you... these sausage balls aren't just for holidays, they are perfect any time of year. They are quick and easy, ready in under 30 minutes, making them the perfect quick and easy party appetizer.
I like to make a double batch and use them for meal prep throughout the week. They are portable, and reheat well. Great served alone, or with eggs for breakfast. Serve them up with a hearty salad for lunch or dinner. The possibilities are endless. I also like to mix things up a bit and whip these sausage balls up with some cream cheese and fresh herbs. DELISH! What is your favorite way to enjoy keto sausage balls?
More keto appetizer recipes:
- Crispy Lemon Feta Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- Keto Soft Pretzels
- Dill Pickle Deviled Eggs
- Keto Pimento Cheese Dip
- Cauliflower Pizza Poppers
- Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Low Carb Beef and Chorizo Empanadas
- Cajun Trinity Keto Crab Cakes
- Keto Chicken Fried Cauliflower Steaks
Keto Sausage Balls
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 24 sausage balls (6 servings) 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
These Keto Sausage Balls have all the savoriness and flavor of the traditional version made with bisquick, but without all the carbs and gluten. They are the perfect quick and easy low carb party appetizer.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onions (I use this brand)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a wire cooling rack.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and, using your hands, mix until well incorporated.
- Form the meat mixture into 1 ½ - to 2-inch meatballs, making a total of 24
- Place the meatballs on the wire rack. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- net carbs per serving: 3.5g
- I recommend cooking these on a greased baking rack, on parchment paper, or on a silicone baking mat.
- While sharp cheddar and parmesan is my favorite cheese combo for this recipe, you can use any combination of your favorite cheeses.
- This can be made with mild or spicy ground Italian sausage.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 sausage balls
- Calories: 374
- Fat: 31g
- Carbohydrates: 5.5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 22g
Keywords: sausage balls, low carb appetizers, keto party recipe, keto snacks, low carb sausage balls, keto recipes
Made these for NYE. They were a hit with my family.
Live these. I've tried with a few different varieties of cheese and have enjoyed all. I just eat plain because so far no dipping sauce appeals to me to go with these, but I don't thing it needs any.
Yum! Another one of your recipes that’ I love! Followed the directions and they turned out great. Thank you.
Pam Souza says
I absolutely love this recipe and make it almost weekly. My toddler granddaughter loves them, too.
It's also a versatile recipe and I often add/sub ingredients based on what I have on hand. I've used 2 cups of thick Mexican shredded or Sharp Cheddar cheese instead of Parmesan cheese. I've also swapped out onions for Cajun seasoning and I almost always add a block of cream cheese, too.
I also mix it in my food processor to make it easier to mix.
Love these! My kids are also huge fans.
Beth Grumhaus says
These are delicious! We always make 2 batches and put the leftovers in the freezer. Then we have an easy meal or snack when pressed for time....just reheat in the microwave. I like to dip them in a low carb marinara sauce....it tastes just like sausage pizza. Yum!!!