These Keto Cauliflower Pizza Poppers are a great way to sneak some extra vegetables into your diet, while still enjoying all the delicious flavors of pizza. Roasted cauliflower, piled high with pizza sauce, melty cheese and all your favorite pizza toppings. This dish is great as an appetizer, or even as the star of the meal. Best of all, it can be ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Cauliflower: a staple in low carb, keto diets. With its mild flavor and ability to take on a similar texture to rice, potatoes, and even pasta, it is incredibly versatile in low carb recipes. Check out my Supreme Pizza Cauliflower Casserole Recipe, or my entire recipe index of low carb cauliflower recipes.
- Chorizo: I love using chorizo because it brings such a complex flavor to every dish. However, you can swap chorizo for pepperoni, Italian sausage, or even extra veggies (mushroom, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, olives).
- White cheddar cheese: the melty creaminess of white cheddar pairs so nicely with the acidic tomato mixture and smokey chorizo. You can also use mozzarella or provolone, or a mixture of all three cheeses.
Step by step instructions
How to make keto pizza poppers
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the cauliflower florets in a single layer across the baking sheet. Drizzle the melted butter over top, sprinkle with salt, and toss to coat. Roast the cauliflower on the top rack for 15 minutes.
STEP 2: While the cauliflower is roasting, heat a large sauce pan over medium. To the pan, add the tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, bell pepper, chorizo, basil, and black pepper. Once the sauce is hot and starts to bubble slightly, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer the sauce to a high powered blender or a food processor and pulse until smooth. Alternately, you can skip this step and leave it chunky.
STEP 3: Pour the sauce over top of the cauliflower and roast for an additional 10 minutes.
STEP 4: Remove the tray from the oven, sprinkle the cheese over top, and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Frequently asked questions
carbs in large head of cauliflower: (7-8 inches) 20-22 net carbs
carbs in medium head of cauliflower: (5-6 inches) 15-17 net carbs
carbs in small head of cauliflower: (3-4 inches) 8-10 net carbs
carbs in 1 cup cauliflower: 4.7-5.3 net carbs
carbs in 1 ounce cauliflower: 1.4 net carbs
carbs in 1 pound cauliflower: 24 net carbs
carbs in 1 cup riced Cauliflower: 4.7 net carbs
carbs in ½ cup frozen cauliflower: 2.7-3.3 net carbs
I make my homemade pizza sauce with tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano, basil, parsley, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Check out my Paleo Pizza Sauce recipe.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Reheating: These Keto Cauliflower Pizza Poppers would reheat perfectly in the air fryer, or even in the oven. 350°F for 2 to 3 minutes should do the trick.
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Load it up: Pile on any of your favorite pizza toppings - pepperoni, ham, sausage, olives, mushrooms, bacon, onions, peppers, pineapple, you name it! Try this Pepperoni Flatbread Pizza recipe
- Taco Tuesday: Skip the pizza flavors altogether and season the cauliflower with Low Carb Taco Seasoning and pile on all your favorite taco fixings. Try it with Shredded Taco Pork!
- Swap out the sauce: You can customize the sauce in this recipe, just like you would on a regular pizza. Try my classic low carb pizza sauce, my garlic Parmesan cream sauce, pesto, Pesto Marinara, or even a low carb barbecue or Buffalo sauce with some shredded rotisserie chicken. If you can put it on a pizza, you can put it on this cauliflower!
- Make it vegetarian: Sub the chorizo for sliced and sautéed mushrooms. You can also try olives or even more bell peppers (green or yellow would add some great color).
- Change up the cheese: White cheddar and smokey chorizo go so well together, but you can also use mozzarella or provolone, or a mixture of all three cheeses.