This low carb taco seasoning is a tad on the spicy side. If you do not care for spicy foods, simply reduce or omit the cayenne pepper. Use 4 tablespoons of seasoning for each pound of meat used. To make taco meat, simply brown the ground beef, ground turkey or meat of choice and drain excess grease. Add 2/3 cup water and 4 tablespoons of the low carb taco seasoning, reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes until thickened.
In addition to this low carb taco seasoning, check out some of my other favorite low carb seasoning recipes:
- Poultry Seasoning
- Blackened Seasoning
- Low Carb Pumpkin Seasoning
- 15 Seasoning Blends You Can Make at Home
- 30 Condiments, Seasonings, and Dressings You Can Make at Home
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
A quick and easy Low Carb Taco Seasoning. Skip the additives in store-bought taco seasoning and make your own.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
This is my favorite brand of organic spices
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight spice jar.
- Serving Size: 1 batch
- Calories: 151
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 7g