This Herby Everything Seasoning blend is my signature spice blend that goes on literally everything. It can take a dish from bland to WOW immediately. Try it on eggs, as a salad topper, as a base for dips, on steak, you name it!
My signature spice blend ingredients
I put this homemade Herby Everything Seasoning on literally everything - eggs, avocados, salads, steak, you name it. If you have my cookbook Craveable Keto, then you have likely seen my Buttery Herbed Eggs recipe. That is where this this spice blend first started. If you follow me on Instagram, then you have no doubt seen this homemade spice blend recipe in my stories and on my feed countless times. Think of it as a leveled up everything bagel seasoning.
You can also use it as a base for dip -- just mix it with sour cream, mayo, or greek yogurt. I like to mix it with some unsweetened almond milk yogurt for a tangy, herby, dairy free dip recipe.
- sesame seeds
- dried minced onion
- dried minced garlic
- poppy seeds
- coarse sea salt (this is the only brand I use) code PEACE for 15% off
- freeze dried chives
- freeze dried parsley
- dried dill
Do you have to use freeze dried herbs?
Freeze dried herbs measure equally to fresh herbs. For example, if a recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley, you can substitute the exact same amount of freeze dried parsley. However, when you are substituting dried herbs, you would want to reduce the amount by ⅔. For example, if a recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley, you would substitute it with 1 teaspoon of dried parsley. That being said, I really recommend going the freeze dried route for this recipe.
More homemade seasoning and spice blend recipes
- Taco Seasoning
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- BBQ Dry Rub
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Blackened Seasoning
- Poultry Seasoning
- Dry Onion Soup Mix
Herby Everything Seasoning
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- ¼ cup sesame seeds (white and black)
- 3 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt (this is the only brand I use) code PEACE for 15% off
- 2 tablespoons freeze dried chives
- 2 tablespoons freeze dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons freeze dried dill
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an air-tight container. Serve on EVERYTHING!
Keywords: spice blend, seasoning blend, homemade spice mix, everything bagel seasoning, herby everything seasoning, whole30, low carb, gluten free