- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil, melted (I use this brand)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or more to taste (I use this brand)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 large sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1.5 ounces hard chorizo, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the cauliflower florets in a single layer across the baking sheet. Drizzle the melted butter over top, sprinkle with salt, and toss to coat.
- Roast the cauliflower on the top rack for 15 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, heat a large sauce pan over medium. To the pan, add the tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, bell pepper, chorizo, basil, and black pepper. Once the sauce is hot and starts to bubble slightly, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer the sauce to a high powered blender or a food processor and pulse until smooth. Alternately, you can skip this step and leave it chunky.
- Pour the sauce over top of the cauliflower and roast for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven, sprinkle the cheese over top, and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Net Carbs Per Serving: 6.7g
- Calories: 196
- Fat: 13.7g
- Carbohydrates: 11.2g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Protein: 9.6g
Keywords: low carb appetizers, keto appetizer recipes, keto pizza, low carb pizza, keto pizza poppers, keto snacks, keto recipes, low carb food blog, keto blog