These Keto Pepperoni Pizza Hot Pockets have all the delicious flavors of the hot pockets you knew and loved as a kid, but in a low carb, gluten free version that won't burn the skin off the roof of your mouth.
How to make Fathead Pizza Pockets
Fathead pizza dough is the base for many keto pizza recipes, and these gluten free hot pockets are no exception. Made with almond flour, shredded cheese, cream cheese, eggs, and seasoning, fathead pizza dough is super easy to throw together. It adds an extra layer of cheesy goodness, and reheats really well.
If you can’t handle nuts, check out my nut free pizza crust.
These aren't the pizza pockets of your childhood
Cheesy, saucy, pepperoni goodness. Growing up, Hot Pockets had a special place in my heart. Back then, gluten free pizza wasn’t really on my radar and I could enjoy with reckless abandon... and with copious amounts of ranch dressing.
Nowadays, gluten free pizza options are everywhere, but so many of them are loaded with carbs. If you’re looking for creative low carb pizza recipes, this is a great place to start. You can load these keto hot pockets up with any of your favorite pizza toppings. They’re completely customizable, so everyone gets exactly what they want.
These Gluten Free and Keto Hot Pockets are like a marriage between a hot sandwich and a pizza
Golden brown pizza dough, flavored with garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian season, stuffed with cheese, paleo pizza sauce, and pepperoni. What more could you ask for? These keto pizza pockets are the perfect option for when you’re craving a hot sandwich, or cheesy, ooey gooey pizza. Why choose when you can have both?
In addition to these Keto Pepperoni Pizza Hot Pockets, check out some of my other favorite low carb pizza recipes:
- Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Peppers
- Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
- Paleo Pizza Sauce
- Pepperoni Pizza Chaffles
- Low Carb Pizza Frittata
- Keto Pizza Bagels
- Low Carb Greek Pizza
- Keto Pizza Chips
Keto Pepperoni Pizza Hot Pockets
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 pizza pockets 1x
for the dough:
- 3 cups shredded low moisture, part skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (I used this brand)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
for the filling:
- 5 ounces slices pepperoni (about 48 slices)
- 2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Paleo Pizza Sauce, extra for dipping (get the recipe here)
- 1 large egg, whisked
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella and cream cheese. Microwave for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir to combine. Return to microwave for 1 additional minute.
- To the mixing bowl, add the eggs, almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, sea salt and black pepper. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls. Roll each ball between two sheets of parchment paper until ¼ inch thin.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce onto each round and spread in a circle, leaving space around the edges.
- In the center of each one, place 6 slices of pepperoni and ¼ cup of cheddar cheese.
- Brush the edges of the dough with the egg wash before folding over and pressing to seal. Repeat this process with all 8 pizza pockets.
- Place the pizza pockets on the prepared baking sheet and brush egg wash over top of each one.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and the dough is cooked through
net carbs per pizza pocket: 8g
- Serving Size: 1 pizza pocket
- Calories: 581
- Fat: 45.2g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 36.2g
Keywords: keto pizza, low carb hot pockets, gluten free pizza pockets, keto recipes, low carb recipes