We’ve all tried fathead pizza by now, but what about combining pizza and waffles? These Fathead Pepperoni Waffle Pizza Dippers are a fun new spin on keto pizza.
Keto pizza + keto waffles = keto pizza waffle dippers
There is nothing quite like pizza. It is classic comfort food in all its glorious perfection. When I first switched to a low carb, ketogenic lifestyle, pizza was one of the foods that I knew I would never give up. At least not if I wanted to be success at making keto a lifestyle and not a diet. In fact, if you go back through the earliest archives on my site, you will find a wide variety of different keto pizza recipes. These Fathead Pepperoni Waffle Pizza Dippers are just the newest addition to the collection.
When the craving for pizza hits, there is absolutely nothing that can curb it except for PIZZA. At any given time you can open my fridge and you are sure to find mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and a jar of low carb pizza sauce. Honestly, that is all I need to scratch the itch.
Keto pizza for breakfast?
When that pizza craving strikes first thing in the morning, my go-to recipe is always keto pizza eggs. You might be thinking “pizza and eggs? No way!” Trust me, you have no idea what you are missing. Run, don’t walk to your kitchen and try them. Looking for another excuse to make pizza for breakfast, well then consider these chaffles before chaffles were even a thing. Whether chaffles means cheese waffles to you or Keto Chicken and Waffles, I’ve got recipes for both.
What is fathead pizza?
Fathead pizza crust and fathead dough in general pretty much revolutionized the low carb world in terms of its flexibility and ability to recreate so many of our favorite foods into low carb, keto versions. Take for example these Keto Everything Bagels, or these Hot Ham and Cheese Roll-Ups with Dijon Butter Glaze. I made these with different variations of the traditional fathead recipe. The sky is truly the limit with this dough. But enough of my rambling, let’s get to these Fathead Pepperoni Waffle Pizza Dippers. They are pretty much my new favorite low carb appetizer recipe. Or low carb anytime recipe…Because PIZZA! Am I right?
If I don’t have the ingredients on hand to whip up a fathead pizza crust, or even my keto nut free pizza crust, then I will just toss the ingredients in my trusty cast iron skillet and make low carb skillet pizza instead.
In addition to this Fathead Pepperoni Waffle Pizza, check out some of my other favorite low carb appetizers and pizza recipes:
- Keto Sausage Balls
- Supreme Pizza Casserole
- Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Pizza Frittata
- Cajun Trinity Keto Crab Cakes
- Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Peppers
- Low Carb Greek Pizza
- Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels
- Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
Fathead Pepperoni Waffle Pizza Dippers
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (I use this brand of spices)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup pizza sauce, extra for dipping (get my recipe here)
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, combine mozzarella and cream cheese. Microwave for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir to combine. Return to microwave for 1 additional minute.
- To the mixing bowl, add egg, almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and black pepper. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. If the dough becomes too sticky and unworkable, wet your hands. Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper and divide into two equal balls. Spread each one and flatten in a circle the size of your waffle iron
- Lightly grease the waffle iron and put one of the pieces of dough in the waffle iron.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of the pizza sauce, and 6 slices of the pepperoni. Close the lid and cook until the dough is cooked through and the edges are nice and crispy. Remove the pizza from the waffle iron and top with 2 tablespoons of the mozzarella cheese, and 1/4 teaspoon of the oregano.
- Repeat the same process with the other piece of dough.
- Cut the finished waffles in fourths and serve with extra pizza sauce, for dipping.
Net Carbs Per Serving: 3g
- Serving Size: 2 pieces
- Calories: 362
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: low carb pizza, keto pizza, waffle pizza, gluten free pizza, keto recipes, low carb recipes
30 MINUTE KETOGENIC COOKING 50+ Mouthwatering Low-Carb Recipes to Save You Time and Money
Check out my other books – HERE
I am so excited to help with a problem that so many people struggle with – Not having enough time! I can’t even count how many times I have heard people say that they just don’t have enough time to prepare healthy meals. So, what if I told you that I wrote an entire book of recipes that only require 30 minutes of hands-on time or less?
That’s right, every recipe inside can be completed in 30 minutes or less and only contains ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store. No funny specialty ingredients here! Only real, whole foods!
50+ Mouthwatering recipes, ready in 30 minutes or less
STARTERS AND SNACKS
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Mediterranean Flat Bread
- Dill Pickle Deviled Eggs
- Buttery Garlic Crescent Rolls
- Tahini Ranch Dip
- Pico De Gallo
- Cheddar Jalapeno Bacon Biscuits
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad
- Greek Salad
- Taco Wedge Salad
- Cucumber Dill Tuna Salad
- Barbecue Chicken Mockaroni Salad
- Fortune Cookie Waffles
- Ham and Spinach Eggs Benedict
- Cheesy Pico Eggs
- Sausage Balls
- Sour Cream and Chive Egg Clouds
- Ham and Cheese Waffles
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Frittata
LUNCH AND DINNER
- Pork Chops with Herbed Goat Cheese Butter
- Spicy Sausage and Cabbage Stir-Fry
- Zucchini Noodles with Hamburger Gravy
- Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
- Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers
- Cheesy Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole
- Greek Meatballs
- Grilled New York Steak with Blue Cheese Dijon Cream Sauce
- Fish Taco Bowls
- Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms
- Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- Shrimp Piccata
- Salisbury Steak
- Buffalo Chicken Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- Zucchini Noodles with Pesto Cream Sauce
- Pan-Fried Brussels Sprouts with Creamy Dijon Cider Dressing
- Green Onion and Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Cheesy Zucchini Gratin
- Sauteed Asparagus with Mushrooms and Bacon
- Cauliflower Steaks with Cheesy Bacon Sauce
- Sauteed Green Beans with Ham
- Herbed Goat Cheese Cauliflower Mash
- Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two
- Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes
- Double Chocolate Flourless Brownies
- Lemon Mousse
- Sesame Shortbread Sugar Cookies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- Avocado Chocolate Pudding