This recipe pretty much sums up my low carb mission in life… to get creative and recreate my favorite comfort foods in as many versions as possible. When I posted my breakfast on Instagram, you all went nuts for it and were asking for a recipe. After eating it for breakfast five days in a row, I thought I should oblige. If I’m truthful, it was dinner on two of those days. In fact, I just finished eating it before I typed up this recipe. I am all about easy and flavorful all in the same dish. The less time in the kitchen, the better. I’m sure you agree! The secret to getting those perfectly gooey yolks and still getting crispy pepperoni is to take your time and cook them slow and low.
The awesome thing about this recipe is that you can change it up with any of your favorite pizza toppings. Use your favorite meat topping and your favorite type of cheese and get creative with it. Go crazy and add some veggies!
I get asked all the time how I make my eggs so perfectly round. It’s easy! I cheat! I use a 5″ egg pan. It keeps the eggs from spreading too thin and they turn out perfect every time. You can grab one here.
If you are looking for more low carb, ketogenic, and gluten free pizza recipes, then you just hit the jackpot. A couple of my favorites are these Garlic Chicken Alfredo Waffle Pizzas, Hawaiian Pizza Stuffed Peppers, and this Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza. I even have a low carb, Paleo Pizza Sauce recipe. Looking for a nut free, low carb pizza crust? No problem, I have that too! Can you tell I love pizza! Who’s with me?
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
Pizza Eggs – Low Carb, Keto, Gluten Free
(This takes longer than how you might normally cook your eggs, but trust me when I tell you that the end result it is worth it.)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp Pizza Sauce (recipe here)
- 2 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 5 slices pepperoni
- dash Italian seasoning
- Heat butter in an egg pan over medium low heat. (You don't have to use an egg pan, but it does make things easier.)
- Once the butter is melted and the pan is heated, crack the eggs into the pan.
- Once the whites just barely start to set and turn white, spoon the sauce onto the eggs and sprinkle the feta over top.
- Reduce heat to low and continue cooking. Once the whites are almost completely set, add the mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and Italian seasoning on top.
- Continue cooking on low until the whites are completely set, the pepperoni is cooked and the cheese is melted.