Of all the chicken tender recipes out there, these quick and easy Keto Buffalo Chicken Tenders are so good, you will never even know that they are low carb.
These Keto Buffalo Chicken Tenders are so good that you would never be able to tell them apart from the ones served on your local bar menu. Now you can have all the flavors of your favorite low carb appetizer, but without all the extra carbs.
I have always loved crispy breaded chicken tenders. Even as a child it would be the first thing my eyes spotted on the menu. Now, even as an adult, I still love them. Things are just a little different these days as I make my own keto chicken strips at home.
For many of you, your first instinct may be to walk away when you see pork rinds listed as an ingredient. Trust me when I tell you that you cannot taste them at all. I have never really been a fan of pork rinds, but when used as a low carb breading option, you would never even know they are there. Combining the pork rinds with the Parmesan cheese and the seasoning makes a perfectly crunchy keto breading mix that you can’t tell apart from its gluten-filled, floury counterpart. These keto buffalo chicken tenders are the real deal!
A few notes about this Keto Buffalo Chicken Tender Recipe: Instead of frying them, you can bake them on parchment paper at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes. For either method, be careful not to flip them too many times as this will cause the breading to fall off.
There are a couple of other ways I like to make these—tossed in low carb barbecue sauce or tossed in a fifty-fifty mixture of low carb barbecue sauce and the buffalo wing sauce. That last combination is my absolute favorite.
These low carb buffalo chicken strips are amazing dipped in my Dairy Free Keto Ranch Dressing. Or better yet, if you are a blue cheese fan, try this Chive Blue Cheese Dressing. If you are a fan of Keto Buffalo Chicken Strips, then this is sure to become your go-to recipe.
In addition to these Keto Buffalo Chicken Tenders, check out some of my other favorite low carb appetizer recipes:
- Keto Sausage Balls
- Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- Curried Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocados
- Cajun Trinity Keto Crab Cakes
Did you know that I have 3 amazing keto cookbooks out right now? Check them out HERE
- 2 cups crushed pork rinds (get them here)
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into tender-size pieces
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce (I use this brand)
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- Combine the pork rinds, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and onion powder and mix until well incorporated. Pour the mixture into a thin layer on a large plate.
- Crack the eggs into a shallow bowl and fork whisk. Dip the chicken tenders in the egg wash, and then dredge them in the breading mixture. Make sure both sides are thoroughly coated in the breading mixture.
- Heat 1 to 2 inches of oil is a high-sided skillet. I like to use avocado oil for this. Once the oil is hot and begins to bubble slightly, drop the breaded chicken tenders into the oil. Fry until they are golden brown and crispy on both sides, about 3 minutes each side. Be careful not to flip them too much or else the breading will fall off.
- Remove the chicken tenders from the oil and place them on paper towels to absorb the excess grease.
- In a small sauce pan, heat the buffalo wing sauce and the butter over medium heat. Cook until the butter is melted and mixed into the sauce. Transfer the sauce to a large mixing bowl. Toss the tenders in the sauce until thoroughly coated.
- Category: 30 Minute Meals
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 tenders
- Calories: 335
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 33g
Keywords: keto appetizers, keto snacks, chicken tenders, keto recipes, low carb recipes, keto chicken tenders, keto buffalo wings, 30 minute meals, easy recipes