This nut free keto breading can be whipped up in 5 minutes and is incredibly versatile. It is perfect for breading chicken tenders, fried fish, chicken fried steak, or anything else you would want to bread and deep-fry or bake. It is also terrific as a binding agent for things like meatloaf or any other savory recipe that calls for breadcrumbs.
- Pork Rinds - The measurement in the recipe is for crushed pork rinds. You can buy pork rinds and pulse them in your food processor, or you can buy them already crushed. (This is the brand I use)
- Parmesan Cheese - I used a finely grated parmesan cheese. If you want to keep this recipe dairy free, you can substitute extra pork rinds, or blanched almond flour.
- Salt - If you are using salted pork rinds, I recommend omitting the salt in the breading.
- Seasonings - I add garlic powder, onion powder, and dried Italian seasoning to amp up the flavor. If you are breading a food that is already very flavorful, you can omit the extra seasonings.
Step By Step Directions
1. Add the pork rinds, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and salt to a mixing bowl. (Use this breading on Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu)
2. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. Use the same day. (Use this breading as a binder for these Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs)
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use this breading for anything you would normally bread with breadcrumbs, crackers, or Panko. Some of my favorite recipes are Keto Buffalo Chicken Tenders, Chicken and Waffles, and Keto Chicken Fried Steak
You can sub an equal amount of blanched almond flour. Additionally, you can also use golden flaxseed meal.
Since it has parmesan cheese in it, I recommend using this the same day that you make it.
Other recipes you might enjoy
Want to get access to my new recipes as soon as they are posted? Sign up for my newsletter and you will get all of my latest and greatest recipes sent directly to your inbox!Print