Low carb ham and cheese roll-ups. Warm, comforting roll ups made from fathead dough.
These low carb ham and cheese roll-ups are the real deal. Since they are made with a variation of fathead dough, they are low carb, gluten free and keto friendly. I've been playing with a lot of different low carb cheese dough combinations and this has to be my favorite by far. These little ham and cheese pinwheels come in at just 2 net carbs each. It almost seems too good to be true! I may or not have eaten 4 of them as soon as they came out of the oven. I'll never tell! Be sure to check out this Pepperoni Pizza version as well. Need some additional ideas to help you use up extra holiday ham? Here you go!
A note about this Hot Ham and Cheese Roll-Ups recipe:
- It is imperative to the recipe that you use a low-moisture, part skim shredded mozzarella cheese. Switching out the cheese will make these fall flat when baking.
- Larger shreds work better and tend to be dryer. They really help make a better "dough" consistency.
- If you are worried about these rolls spreading out and flattening, try baking them in a muffin tin. Even better, use a silicone muffin pan and cut your clean up time in half.
- For best results you can also make the roll-up and the freeze it for a couple of hours before slicing and baking.
Check out some of my other favorite low carb fathead dough recipes:
- Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels
- Keto Eveything Bagel Dogs
- Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
- Keto Everything Bagels
- Low Carb Beef and Chorizo Empanadas
- Keto Soft Pretzels