All of the delicious chewiness of a real soft pretzel, but low carb and keto friendly. The keto soft pretzels are sure to impress.
Keto Soft Pretzels
Is there anything that can’t be made low carb? To that, my answer is no! With a little patience and creativity, the sky’s the limit. These low carb soft pretzels taste so close to the real deal. It really is quite amazing what you can make with different variations of fathead cheese dough. This infamous dough is amazing for sweet and savory recipes. For more ideas, check out this recipe round-up of 24 Fathead Cheese Dough Recipes.
Soft pretzels reminding me of walking into the mall as a teenager and passing the pretzel stand in the food court. It was like the aroma followed me all through the mall, calling to me. Well now I can have my low carb and gluten free soft pretzel and eat it too! I love to dip these in spicy brown mustard or nacho cheese sauce. They are also really great dipped in my Three Cheese Garlic Marinara sauce. I also think these would be amazing dipped in my Cheddar Beer Soup.
I recommend storing any leftovers in the refrigerator and then reheating before you eat.
Check out some of my other favorite low carb and gluten free fathead recipes:
- Keto Chicken Pot Pie
- Low Carb Everything Bagels
- Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
- Keto Everything Bagel Dogs
- Low Carb Beef and Chorizo Empanadas
This recipe is a sneak peek into my new book Keto Happy Hour. Grab a copy HERE
WITH RECIPES LIKE:
AND EVEN SOME FOOD RECIPES LIKE:
Grab a copy of Keto Happy Hour – Here
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix until well combined. I like to put the mixture through a flour sifter to ensure that all the baking powder gets mixed in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Crack one of the eggs into a small bowl and fork whisk. This will be the egg wash for the top of the pretzels. The other two eggs will go in the dough.
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir to combine. Return to microwave for 1 additional minute. Mix until well combined.
- To the mixing bowl, add the remaining 2 eggs and the almond flour mixture. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. If the dough gets too stringy and unworkable, simply put it back in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften and continue mixing.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Roll each portion into a long, thin piece, resembling a breadstick. Fold each one into the shape of a pretzel.
- Brush the top of each pretzel with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle coarse sea salt over top.
- Bake on the middle rack for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
Per Serving – Calories: 449 | Fat: 35.5g | Protein: 27.8g | Total Carbs: 10g | Fiber: 4g | Net Carbs: 6g
- Serving Size: 1 pretzel