Low carb cheddar beer soup reminds me of football and cold, blustery winter days. Throw this delicious recipe in a slow cooker and take it to your next football party. I guarantee it will not disappoint. I also love to use this as a dip for my Keto Soft Pretzels.
Check out some of my other favorite keto soup recipes:
Did you know that I have an entire ebook dedicated to low carb soups and stews? I love warm and comforting soup recipes, especially in the cooler fall and winter months.
Keto Smoked Sausage Cheddar Beer Soup
- Total Time: 6 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 14 servings 1x
- 14 ounces beef smoked sausage, halved and sliced
- 4 cups beef stock
- 12 ounce bottle of gluten free beer (optional - can substitute extra beef stock or even non-alcoholic beer)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat the slow cooker on the high setting.
- To the slow cooker, add the sausage, beef stock, beer, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, sea salt, and pepper. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Add the heavy cream, cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir until there are no longer any clumps of cream cheese. Using a whisk will help this process along. Taste to see if more salt and pepper is desired. Cook for an additional 2 hours.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 6 Hours
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 244
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 4 net grams
- Fiber: 5g
Christine Smith says
This soup was a hit. Thank you!
Absolutely loved this one! Husband ate 3 bowls! I’ll have to double it next time. I used Colby Jack cheese, not a fan of sharp cheddar. Used Coors Lite fir the beer. Also will add more sausage, celery & carrots had more liquid left than a nice blend of everything together. Definitely will make again & again!
Fantastic creamy soup! Ran out of time and did mine on the stove top and added kale with the cheeses. New fav soup! Thanks Kyndra 😊
This is so delicious!! You have done it agin gurl!!
Has anyone tried to sub the sausage with ground turkey?
Made this for the first time last night, and it was fantastic! I altered things a bit, since we weren't concerned about the gluten piece. I used a bottle of mexican beer (Victoria), and beef bone broth for the broth. After about 3.5 hours, I added some Tuscan kale, so it could soften before I added the cheese. I used extra sharp, because it's what I had, I also added just under a cup of some smoked gruyere that I had on hand. Toward the end of cooking time, like some others that commented, mentioned, I added cornstarch/water blend until I felt it was the consistency I wanted. My husband likes a little texture, so we garnished with pre-made wonton strips. The broth is so wonderful, and my husband cannot stop raving about this soup!
Jean Ottlinger says
Fabulous soup! Trying to get out of figuring the numbers myself - can anyone tell me what the protein content is for this?
Really delicious recipe. Hubby and I loved it and my toddler even ate some ( don't freak out beer cooks off). I did mine in my instant pot- put everything but the cheese in the instant pot for 10 minutes on high with it sealed and then added the cheese, cream cheese and cream at the end while I had it on saute. I made this with keto pretzels and I'm so fat and happy right now.
Loved this! I especially like the zing from the red pepper flakes. Thank you!
This is super good! Thanks- not worried about carbs or gluten, but, as hops are an issue for me,, I used a really good chard cider. and smoked "beer" sausage made locally. Definitely a keeper for those cold winter nights!