Low carb cheddar beer soup reminds me of football and cold, blustery winter days. Throw this delicious recipe in a slow cooker and take it to your next football party. I guarantee it will not disappoint. I also love to use this as a dip for my Keto Soft Pretzels.
Check out some of my other favorite keto soup recipes:
Did you know that I have an entire ebook dedicated to low carb soups and stews? I love warm and comforting soup recipes, especially in the cooler fall and winter months.
- 14 ounces beef smoked sausage, halved and sliced
- 4 cups beef stock
- 12 ounce bottle of gluten free beer (optional – can substitute extra beef stock or even non-alcoholic beer)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat the slow cooker on the high setting.
- To the slow cooker, add the sausage, beef stock, beer, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, sea salt, and pepper. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Add the heavy cream, cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir until there are no longer any clumps of cream cheese. Using a whisk will help this process along. Taste to see if more salt and pepper is desired. Cook for an additional 2 hours.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 244
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 4 net grams
- Fiber: 5g
What's Popular on the Blog This Week:
My Whole30 Experience - I made it 15 days - I'll get you next time Whole30
Dill Chicken Salad - Low Carb, Paleo
Cucumber Greek Salad
How to Get Started with Low Carb / Keto
Chicken Pot Pie - Low Carb, Gluten Free
Keto Crock Pot Beef Stew
Low Carb Reuben Chopped Salad with Russian Dressing
Low Carb Blueberry Muffins
Garlic Rosemary Oven Roasted Vegetables with Parmesan
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
10 Myths Within The Low-Carb Community
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers