Low carb cheddar beer soup reminds me of football and cold, blustery winter days. Throw this delicious recipe in a slow cooker and take it to your next football party. I guarantee it will not disappoint. I also love to use this as a dip for my Keto Soft Pretzels.
Check out some of my other favorite keto soup recipes:
Did you know that I have an entire ebook dedicated to low carb soups and stews? I love warm and comforting soup recipes, especially in the cooler fall and winter months.
- 14 ounces beef smoked sausage, halved and sliced
- 4 cups beef stock
- 12 ounce bottle of gluten free beer (optional – can substitute extra beef stock or even non-alcoholic beer)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat the slow cooker on the high setting.
- To the slow cooker, add the sausage, beef stock, beer, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, sea salt, and pepper. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Add the heavy cream, cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir until there are no longer any clumps of cream cheese. Using a whisk will help this process along. Taste to see if more salt and pepper is desired. Cook for an additional 2 hours.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 244
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 4 net grams
- Fiber: 5g
What's Popular on the Blog This Week:
Buffalo Chicken Egg Muffins - Low Carb, Gluten Free
Greek Onion Dip - Low Carb, Keto
Chicken Caesar Lettuce Wraps - With Garlic Parmesan "Croutons"
Pan-Seared Chicken with Balsamic Cream Sauce, Mushrooms and Onions
Keto Cheddar Jalapeno Bacon Biscuits
Pumpkinpalooza - 45 Low Carb, Sweet and Savory Pumpkin Recipes
Crispy Bacon Pancakes - From The KetoDiet Cookbook - Low Carb, Gluten Free
Cumin Spiced Beef Wraps - Low Carb, Paleo
Low Carb Barbecue Dry Rub Seasoning
Everything Bagel Seasoning
Black Beauty - Black Pepper Blackberry Low Carb Vodka Drink
Pickled Red Onions