Slow Cooker Low Carb Clam Chowder with Bacon! More proof that everything is better with bacon. This is a nice, hearty New England style clam chowder. The only thing missing are the potatoes. If you were looking to add something to simulate the potato in a typical clam chowder, simply add some diced rutabaga or cauliflower into the mix. This is my favorite slow cooker. I have had it for years and it has never let me down! From it's maiden voyage with my Slow Cooker Kickin' Chili Recipe to the many, many batches of this chowder it has made, old faithful is always crocking out something delicious. If you are not a fan of clams, but love the thick and rich nature of a chowder, maybe this Chicken Bacon Chowder Recipe is for you! Looking for some slow cooker ideas that are not soups or stews? I've got you covered. Here are 50 Low Carb and Paleo Slow Cooker Recipes. Do you have a favorite slow cooker recipe? I would love to hear about it.
Speaking of slow cooker soups and stews... Did you know that I have an entire ebook dedicated to this topic? Peace Love and Low Carb - Slow Cooker Soups and Stews - 30 Recipes to Keep You Warm During Winter
More low carb soup recipes:
- Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Roasted Garlic and Mushroom Soup with Bacon
- Creamy Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
- Low Carb Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Sausage Soup
- Cabbage Roll Soup
- Slow Cooker Kickin' Chili
- Keto Chicken Bacon Chowder
- Low Carb Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Creamy Reuben Soup
Keto Cookbooks and Meal Plans
Slow Cooker Low Carb Clam Chowder
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 Servings 1x
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 small leek, cleaned, trimmed, and sliced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 - 10 oz cans of fancy whole baby clams, drained
- 2 cups clam juice
- 1 pound thick cut bacon, cooked crisp, and crumbled
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Heat slow cooker on low setting.
- To slow cooker, add chicken stock, garlic, shallot, leek, celery, onions, butter, and salt and pepper. Cover, and cook vegetables on low for 1 hour.
- To the slow cooker, add clams, clam juice and bacon.
- Add cream cheese, heavy cream, garlic powder and thyme. Continue mixing until there are no visible clumps of cream cheese and all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours.
Per Serving - Calories: 276 | Fat: 28.5g | Protein: 12g | Net Carbs: 3.75g
- Serving Size: 1 Cup