Slow Cooker Low Carb Clam Chowder with Bacon! More proof that everything is better with bacon. This is a nice, hearty New England style clam chowder. The only thing missing are the potatoes. If you were looking to add something to simulate the potato in a typical clam chowder, simply add some diced rutabaga or cauliflower into the mix. This is my favorite slow cooker. I have had it for years and it has never let me down! From it’s maiden voyage with my Slow Cooker Kickin’ Chili Recipe to the many, many batches of this chowder it has made, old faithful is always crocking out something delicious. If you are not a fan of clams, but love the thick and rich nature of a chowder, maybe this Chicken Bacon Chowder Recipe is for you! Looking for some slow cooker ideas that are not soups or stews? I’ve got you covered. Here are 50 Low Carb and Paleo Slow Cooker Recipes. Do you have a favorite slow cooker recipe? I would love to hear about it.
Speaking of slow cooker soups and stews… Did you know that I have an entire ebook dedicated to this topic? Peace Love and Low Carb – Slow Cooker Soups and Stews – 30 Recipes to Keep You Warm During Winter
Sign up for updates to receive one week FREE of my low carb and gluten free meal plans:
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 small leek, cleaned, trimmed, and sliced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 – 10 oz cans of fancy whole baby clams, drained
- 2 cups clam juice
- 1 lb thick cut bacon, cooked crisp, and crumbled
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Heat slow cooker on low setting.
- To slow cooker, add chicken stock, garlic, shallot, leek, celery, onions, butter, and salt and pepper. Cover, and cook vegetables on low for 1 hour.
- To the slow cooker, add clams, clam juice and bacon.
- Add cream cheese, heavy cream, garlic powder and thyme. Continue mixing until there are no visible clumps of cream cheese and all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours.
Per Serving – Calories: 276 | Fat: 28.5g | Protein: 12g | Net Carbs: 3.75g
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
***Please note that nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels***
***Some links contained on this page are affiliate links and I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remunerations for any products purchased through these links***