This Paleo Keto Cabbage Roll Soup is hearty and comforting, with all the classic flavors of a cabbage roll.
Paleo Keto Cabbage Roll Soup: comfort in a bowl
If you have a copy of my cookbook – The Primal Low Carb Kitchen, then you have probably tried my Deconstructed Cabbage Roll Recipe. Well, this cabbage roll soup is a brothy and comforting version of that same recipe. It came about several months back when I went to make my cabbage roll recipe but also had extra stock to use up. Turning it into a soup was just a no brainer. If has become a favorite low carb soup in our home. I hope the same is true for your home. Enjoy!
This Keto Cabbage Roll soup makes a large batch, making it great for weekly meal prep and meal planning. It also freezes and reheats well. When we make it, I divide it into individual portions and freeze it for later.
I cannot hear the word cabbage without thinking of the cabbage patch dolls that I had as a child. Eleanor and Sybil were beautiful with their puffy nylon faces and braidable yarn hair. They used to spend their time playing with my glow worm and my G.I. Joes. That is, when my G.I. Joes weren’t busy playing with my transformers and barbies. Oh to be a kid in the early 80’s. At any rate, you probably did not come here to hear about my childhood toys …
IN addition to this Keto Cabbage Roll Soup, check out some of my other favorite low carb cabbage recipes:
- Pork Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Fried Cabbage with Kielbasa
- Cabbage Noodle Tuna Casserole
- Cheesy Smoked Sausage and Cabbage Casserole
- 30 Low Carb Real Food Cabbage Recipes
- Oven Roasted Cabbage Wedges
- Cumin Spiced Beef Wraps
Keto Paleo Cabbage Roll Soup
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 16 cups 1x
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee (I use this brand of ghee)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (I get my grass-fed meat here)
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 6 cups beef stock
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano leaves (I use this brand)
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (I use this brand)
- (2) 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large head cabbage, halved and sliced
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven over medium heat, heat the butter and olive oil. Add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Add the ground beef and ground pork to the pan. Cook until browned and drain any excess grease. Add the beef broth, oregano, sea salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, thyme, tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, cabbage and riced cauliflower. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 – 45 minutes.
6.5g net carbs per serving
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 12.9g
- Carbohydrates: 10.5 net grams
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 12.1g
Keywords: keto soup, cabbage recipes, low carb soup
DAIRY-FREE KETO COOKING: A Nutritional Approach to Health and Wellness. With 150 Squeaky Clean Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes
Check out my other books – HERE
Using only approachable and accessible, nutrient dense, real food ingredients, I put together a dairy-free keto roadmap that does not require a search for unfamiliar specialty ingredients or that you have a gourmet kitchen. Each one of these delectable recipes is rooted in simplicity and calls for ingredients that can be found at your local grocery store. I’m showing you how to incorporate dairy-free substitutions that go far beyond the coconut.
In addition to tantalizing your palate with tasty recipes, Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will teach you how to restore your health and wellness, while living a lifestyle that nourishes you in mind, body, and spirit. Whether your goal is to lose weight, heal your body from the inside out, or simply find your own personal version of food freedom, I’m here to help you along in your journey to finding your personal path to wellness.
YOU CAN GRAB A COPY – HERE
Dairy-Free Keto Cooking features something for everyone. If you suffer from dairy intolerances or food allergies, this is the book for you. If you are someone who just loves easy to make, delicious food, then this book is for you. I added a bit of everything, including suggestions for adding or reintroducing dairy for all the cheese loving, quesophiles.
With recipes like this, how could anyone possibly feel deprived?
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Cowboy Style Beef Ragout
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Ribs
- Loco Moco
- Pork Tenderloin with Dill Sauce
- Flourless Chocolate Lava Cake
- Easy Peasy Cuban Picadillo
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Maple Breakfast Sausage
- Crab Salad Stuffed Avocado
- Scotch Eggs
- Supreme Pizza Soup
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Blackened Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- and much, much more!
I wrote this book with everyone in mind and it is complete with several different meal plans (paleo, AIP, egg free, nut free, 30 minute meals) as well as tons of valuable resources. Dairy-Free Keto Cooking will quickly become your go-to cookbook!