This Keto Cabbage Roll Soup is hearty and comforting, with all the classic flavors of a cabbage roll. Made with ground beef and ground pork, then slow simmered with beef stock, vegetables, herbs and spices.
Keto Cabbage Roll Soup
This keto cabbage roll soup is a brothy and comforting version of my deconstructed cabbage roll recipe. It makes a large batch, making it great for weekly meal prep and meal planning. It also freezes and reheats well. When we make it, I divide it into individual portions and freeze it for later.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Storage: Store leftover cabbage roll soup in the refrigerator for up to a week. Alternately, you can freeze the leftovers for up to 6 months.
- Reheating: I recommend reheating on the stove top. But you can also reheat this keto cabbage roll soup in the microwave.
- Add Cheese: while a cabbage roll doesn't traditionally have cheese, this soup is delicious topped with some fresh shaved parmesan or even shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Make it in the slow cooker: To convert this recipe to slow cooker, simply cook the ground beef and ground pork in a skillet, drain the excess grease, and then add it to the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients. Cook it on low for 6 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Absolutely! The leftovers of the soup freeze incredibly well. In fact, since it makes such a big batch, I like to vacuum seal half and freeze it for another time.
More low carb soup recipes
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.Print
Whole30 Cabbage Roll Soup
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 16 cups 1x
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee (I use this brand of ghee)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef (I get my grass-fed meat here)
- ½ pound ground pork
- 6 cups beef stock
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano leaves (I use this brand)
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme (I use this brand)
- (2) 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large head cabbage, halved and sliced
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven over medium heat, heat the butter and olive oil. Add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Add the ground beef and ground pork to the pan. Cook until browned and drain any excess grease. Add the beef broth, oregano, sea salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, thyme, tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, cabbage and riced cauliflower. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 - 45 minutes.
6.5g net carbs per serving
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 12.9g
- Carbohydrates: 10.5 net grams
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 12.1g
Keywords: keto soup, cabbage recipes, low carb soup
I recently made this on a whim after searching for such a recipe. Absolutely fantastic! Quick, easy, budget-friendly. I love anything with Smoked Paprika, this being no exception. The smells filling my home were so good I couldn't wait to eat it. I gave some to a neighbor who also commented how good it smelled, and the reviews were raving taste wise. This is the real deal. I've been on a "bowl" kick for a few years and have recently turned to recipes just like this...traditional casserole dishes in a bowl eaten with a spoon...I find it way more comforting than from a baking dish. 10 stars...thank you...this will absolutely be on regular rotation.
I make this recipe frequently. Everyone loves it! I've used ground pork in place of beef as well. I always have cabbage on hand and absolutely love anything with smoked paprika.
Loved this! Wonderful well rounded flavor. Kept great in the fridge all week for easy lunch every day. Next time I will make a triple batch and freeze so I can always have it on hand! It is THAT good!!!
This was a big hit! Super yummy! I didn't have cauliflower or ground pork. I just used ground beef and added celery and couple small splashes of white wine. It was so good! Definitely a make again!
Joe H says
Thanks for the great recipe. For convenience, we used one lb each of ground beef and pork sausage, and one 10 oz bag of frozen riced cauliflower.
Whole family loved this! We literally ate this for days & my family never eats leftovers!!!! I used Bare Bones brand beef bone broth, 1 lb beef & 1 lb ground pork & minced garlic from a jar (for convenience). I went light on the oregano (personal preference) & added a couple splashes of coconut aminos. This recipe will go on permanent rotation even when we aren’t doing whole30!
Cheryl A Izard says
This soup is a home run! So delicious. Sweet and savory at the same time. I opted to add some hot pepper flakes for serving for a little kick, along with some parmesan cheese. Fantastic! Make this soup!
Anne Strunk says
Very easy and quick to make. Absolutely delicious and very filling.