This cabbage roll soup is hearty and comforting, with all the classic flavors of a cabbage roll.
Cabbage, cabbage, cabbage. I cannot hear the word cabbage without thinking of the cabbage patch dolls that I had as a child. Eleanor and Sybil were beautiful with their puffy nylon faces and braidable yarn hair. They used to spend their time playing with my glow worm and my G.I. Joes. That is, when my G.I Joes weren’t busy playing with my transformers and barbies. Oh to be a kid in the early 80’s. At any rate, you probably did not come here to hear about my childhood toys…
If you have a copy of my cookbook – The Primal Low Carb Kitchen, then you have probably tried my Deconstructed Cabbage Roll Recipe. Well, this cabbage roll soup is a brothy and comforting version of that same recipe. It came about several months back when I went to make my cabbage roll recipe but also had extra stock to use up. Turning it into a soup was just a no brainer. If has become a favorite low carb soup in our home. I hope the same is true for your home. Enjoy!
This Keto Cabbage Roll soup makes a large batch, making it great for weekly meal prep and meal planning. It also freezes and reheats well. When we make it, I divide it into individual portions and freeze it for later.
IN addition to this Keto Cabbage Roll Soup, check out some of my other favorite low carb cabbage recipes:
- Pork Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Fried Cabbage with Kielbasa
- Cabbage Noodle Tuna Casserole
- Cheesy Smoked Sausage and Cabbage Casserole
- 30 Low Carb Real Food Cabbage Recipes
Did you know that I have three new keto cookbooks out? You can check them out here!
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee (I use this brand of ghee)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (I get my grass-fed meat here)
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 6 cups beef stock
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano leaves (I use this brand)
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (I use this brand)
- (2) 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large head cabbage, halved and sliced
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven over medium heat, heat the butter and olive oil. Add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Add the ground beef and ground pork to the pan. Cook until browned and drain any excess grease. Add the beef broth, oregano, sea salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, thyme, tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, cabbage and riced cauliflower. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 265
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 6.5 net grams
- Protein: 19g