This warm and comforting Spinach and Artichoke Dip Chicken Soup has all the flavors of a classic spinach dip recipe, but in the form of a thick and hearty keto-friendly soup.
Ingredients in this Spinach and Artichoke Dip Chicken Soup
- butter or olive oil
- frozen spinach
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- chicken stock.
- cream cheese
- quartered artichoke hearts
- mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
- heavy cream
- chicken breasts or thighs
- Serve this Spinach and Artichoke Sip Chicken Soup with the Everything Buns from my book Dairy Free Keto Cooking
- Enjoy it with one of these keto cracker recipes - Parmesan, Chive, and Garlic Keto Crackers, Rosemary and Thyme Keto Crackers
- Use the keto crouton recipe from my book Dairy Free Keto Cooking and top this soup with crispy, crunchy, croutons
- If you aren't worried about keeping it low carb, try topping it with some toasted crostinis and baking mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top - French onion style
Substitutions and Variations
- Make it vegetarian by omitting the chicken and using vegetable stock in place of the chicken stock
- Sub shrimp for the chicken
- Use shredded rotisserie chicken to make this recipe even easier
- Not a fan of spinach? sub chopped broccoli florets
- Kick it up a notch and add some diced red bell peppers
- Want to make it a brothier soup? Reduce the cream cheese by half, and add a little more chicken stock
- Skip the chicken broth and chicken and turn this into a delicious spinach and artichoke dip recipe
Other soup recipes you might enjoy
- Chicken Fajita Soup
- Keto Beef Ramen
- Creamy Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
- Slow Cooker Kickin' Chili
- Philly Cheesesteak Soup
- Keto Wontonless Soup
- Beef Stroganoff Soup
- Creamy Reuben Soup
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Creamy Cajun Sausage and Potato Soup
Want more low carb soup and stew recipes?
Is there anything more comforting on a cold day than a hot bowl of soup? In this ebook, there are 30 creative and delicious soup recipes. They utilize common every day ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store -no weird specialty ingredients here. So break out your Dutch oven, stock pot, and slow cooker, because it is soup season! These recipes are hearty enough to make a full meal, and perfect for meal prep. I like to make each one in a double batch and freeze half for later - cook once, eat twice. CHECK IT OUT HERE!
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Chicken Soup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 10 cups 1x
- Category: soups and stews
- Diet: Diabetic
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounce bag frozen spinach
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 cups chicken stock.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shaved parmesan cheese, more for garnish
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ pounds cooked chicken breasts or thighs, shredded
- Heat a large dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat. Add the butter to the pot. Once the butter has melted, add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the spinach, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to the pot and cook until the spinach is warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, and stirring frequently, cook until it has melted and mixed in with the veggies.
- Add the chicken stock, increase the heat to high to bring to a boil, and then reduce to medium low to low to simmer.
- Add the artichoke hearts, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Stirring frequently, cook until the cheeses are melted and mixed in, about 10 minutes
- Stir in the heavy cream and the chicken and let simmer for an additional 20 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish with reserved parmesan before serving.
net carbs per serving: 4.7g
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 346
- Fat: 23.2g
- Carbohydrates: 6.3g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 29.1g
Keywords: keto soup recipes, spinach and artichoke dip, gluten free recipes, vegetarian keto, low carb soup